Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Saving doc as PDF fails because of font not found

Hi,

We’re getting errors saving documents as PDF because some fonts in the document are not installed.

We are getting a warning stating that the font was not found and the converter will fall back to another font instead, however the conversion actually fails stating that the document is corrupt. This happens either if we use FontSettings.setDefaultFontName() or if we keep the default behavior to have Aspose choose the default font.

If we install the fonts, the document successfully is saved as PDF. This behavior started occurring when we upgraded to 13.1 and didn’t happen in 11.11.

Sample document attached (The korean font is causing the error in this case).

I was wrong in the version we used before. We were using 11.06.

Versions 11.09, 11.10 and 11.11 don’t find the default system fonts directory, at least in Linux.

We’re interested in version 13.10 though, since some documents that didn’t work previously now seem to work.

Hi Will,


Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.1.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. An exception ‘java.lang.StackOverflowError’ occurred during rendering your DOCX to PDF on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSJAVA-689. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-689) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.