Saving document as pdf

Hi,

According to the aspose.words api, a word document can be converted to pdf simply by invoking documen.Save(fileName + “.pdf”). Are there any known limitations/significant bugs with this file conversion? I am creating the document using the aspose.words api and then saving as pdf to convert it to pdf. So will this conversion render correctly everything that can be inserted in a word document created using the aspose.words api?

thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please follow the link to learn what features are supported/not supported upon converting documents to PDF:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/convert-a-document-to-pdf/
Hope this information could be useful. Please let me know if you need more assistance, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I have tested this a bit and may have come across an issue.
I have a fairly simple document consisting of standard html tables and text.
The document is printed fine to word, however when i save the doc as pdf, some of the text is overlapping. From the html below, the first occurance of Credit Risk Direction is overlayed on the text ’ more edit…’ from the previous html table.
Is this a known issue?

thanks,

Brian

<html>
<BODY>
    <table width="100%"><tr><td align="left"><font style="FONT-SIZE:11pt;FONT-WEIGHT:bolder;">Market Value of Debt:</font></td></tr></table>
</BODY>
</html>

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
    BODY {
        FONT-FAMILY: arial;
        FONT-SIZE: 11pt;
        align: left;
    }
</STYLE>
<table width="100%">
    <tr>
        <td align="left" width="65%"></td>
        <td align="left">Last known trade</td>
    </tr>
</table>
<table width="100%">
    <tr>
        <td width="5%" align="left">Bid:</td>
        <td width="10%">454.0</td>
        <td width="5%" align="left">Ask:</td>
        <td width="10%">3434.0</td>
        <td width="20%" align="left">Date Of Quotes:</td>
        <td width="15%">14-Sep-2010</td>
        <td width="5%" align="left">Date:</td>
        <td width="15%">16-Sep-2010</td>
        <td width="5%" align="left">Price:</td>
        <td>887.0</td>
    </tr>
</table>
<table width="100%">
    <tr>
        <td align="left"><font>Comment:</font></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td style="border:1px solid black;">
            <div class="x-panel-bwrap" id="ext-gen1631">
                <div class="x-panel-body x-panel-body-noheader x-panel-body-noborder" id="ext-gen1632" style="overflow: auto; height: auto;">
                    Double click to edit
                </div>
                <div class="x-panel-body x-panel-body-noheader x-panel-body-noborder" style="overflow: auto; height: auto;">

</div>
                <div class="x-panel-body x-panel-body-noheader x-panel-body-noborder" style="overflow: auto; height: auto;">
                    more edit...
                </div>
            </div>
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>

<html>
<BODY>
    <table width="100%"><tr><td align="left"><font style="FONT-SIZE:11pt;FONT-WEIGHT:bolder;">Credit Risk Direction:</font></td></tr></table>
</BODY>
</html>

<html>
<BODY>
    <table width="100%"><tr><td width="20%" align="left" "><font style=FONT-FAMILY:arial;FONT-SIZE:11pt>Credit Risk Direction:</font></td><td align=" left"><font style="FONT-FAMILY:arial;FONT-SIZE:11pt;"> </font></td>"</tr></table>
</BODY>
</html>

Hi

Thank you for additional information. The problem might occur because you specified width of cells in percents. As a workaround, you can try specifying fixed cell widths.
Please let me know if you need more assistance, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,