Saving image of Bubble Chart Distorts Labels

.NET Project with these packages installed

<PackageReference Include="Aspose.Cells" Version="23.9.0" />
<PackageReference Include="Aspose.Slides.NET" Version="23.9.0" />

I attempt to save an image of the bubble chart located in the following PPTX

Bubble Chart - Missing label2.zip (2.6 MB)

I am using this code

ReferenceDoclet_withSingleCell.zip (22 Bytes)

Image saved has a lot of the labels on the bubble appearing as if they are not rendering and many multiple bubbles are being inserted in.

@BK.Broiler.730
You may not have selected the file when creating the compressed package, and the file “ReferenceDoclet_withSingleCell. zip” only has 22 bytes. Would you like to recompress and upload the sample file and executable console project? This is very helpful for us to locate the issue. Once we receive the files, we will check it soon.

@BK.Broiler.730
Through testing with sample files, we can reproduce the issue. Discovered bubble chart label distortion when saving chart to image.
The sample code as follows:

// Loads the PPTX to a presentation object
using (Presentation pres = new Presentation(filePath + "Bubble Chart - Missing label2.pptx"))
{
    // Accesses the first slide
    ISlide sld = pres.Slides[0];

int shapeCount = sld.Shapes.Count;
    for (int i = 0; i < shapeCount; i++)
    {
        // Casts the shape to OleObjectFrame
        OleObjectFrame oleObjectFrame = sld.Shapes[i] as OleObjectFrame;

// Reads the OLE Object and writes it to disk
        if (oleObjectFrame != null)
        {
            // Gets embedded file data
            byte[] data = oleObjectFrame.EmbeddedData.EmbeddedFileData;

// Gets embedded file extention
            string fileExtention = oleObjectFrame.EmbeddedData.EmbeddedFileExtension;

// Creates a path to save the extracted file
            string extractedPath = filePath + i + "_excelFromOLE_out" + fileExtention;

// Saves extracted data
            using (FileStream fstr = new FileStream(extractedPath, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write))
            {
                fstr.Write(data, 0, data.Length);
            }
        }
    }    
}

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath + "7_excelFromOLE_out.xlsx");
Chart chart = workbook.Worksheets[2].Charts[0];
chart.ToImage(filePath + "out_chart.png");

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-54283

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Sorry about that, let’s try that again

code.zip (1.1 KB)

@BK.Broiler.730
By using the sample code you provided, we can reproduce the issue. We have created a new ticket CELLSNET-54283, and we will notify you immediately if there are any updates.

Hi @BK.Broiler.730
For this issue, the result of our optimization is as follows, it will take effect in the next version (23.10).
231008.png (11.1 KB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-54283) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi

1 Like