Saving MPP Files - TASKS-11799

Hi,

as I read in your aspose tasks forum you are working on a feature to allow saving mpp-files. How is the progress on this? Can you tell me by when this feature will be available? Is there a test version you could provide?

By now we are using aspose tasks to build project.xml and project automation to create mpp-files. As we are running a web application this is most impracticable. We need the saving functionality asap.

Please help.
Thanks.

Dear Volker,

This feature has not been implemented yet but our developers are working on this feature. Hopefully, it will be implemented in next 4-5 months and we will keep you updated on this issue in this thread. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

I'm reading about this feature since ages and there seems to be no progress on it. Is there any chance to speed up the development or to provide us any documentation about the file format to write the save routine by ourselves?

Please help, it is quiet urgent for us

Thanks and best regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

This feature has a high priority for us but it has been delayed due to certain limitations. I have asked the developers to analyze if we can include this feature in an earlier release and you will be updated accordingly.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-11799) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(16)

Hi!

In previous post you said that the issue had been fixed, it was in 2012
So I was trying to open xml file in project-appropriate format and save it as mpp, but failed with the error message “Project does not contain original MPP data. Only update of original MPP files is currently supported”.
In that way, am I doing something wrong? Or the issue is still there?
I’m using active licence and Aspose.Tasks dll, version 9.3.0.0.
Can you help me with this problem please?
I am really looking forward to your answer! thanks in advance!

Hi,

Conversion of Project XML file to MPP is not supported at the moment. However, you can use the CopyTo method for saving the XML file as MPP. Please try the following sample code at your end and share your feedback with us.

Sample Code:

Project xmlProject = new Project(“xmlProject.xml”);

Project mppProject = new Project(“Blank2010.mpp”);

xmlProject.CopyTo(mppProject);

mppProject.Save(“mppFromXml.mpp”, SaveFileFormat.MPP);

Hi! Solution you offered seems to work for me, the conversion was successful. Thank you!

You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.