Saving PPTX File Does Not Complete after Changing Text in a Table Cell in Java (3002)

Hi,

I am writing to you about a problem we encountered in working with MSO PowerPoint document (pptx format) using the Aspose Slides v23.2 library for Java.

Specifically, when we access the cell of the table (in this case the only one, while otherwise the problem is present whenever the given content is found in the first column of any row of the table, regardless of their number on the slide), and then we prereset the its value so that the existing Portion is replaced with a coresponding new one, we are unable to successfully save the document, i.e. to generate the target file.

Also, we noticed that this problem is present with Chinese (zh-CN) and Japanese (ja-JP) target locales, while for example with Korean (ko-KR), Thai (th) or Arabic (ar), as well as some from western locales, it is not.

I am enclosing a source document and test code for reproducing reported behavior.

Best regards!

Nenad

report.zip (25.2 KB)

@zpredojevic,
I reproduced the problem with saving the presentation to a PPTX file.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESJAVA-39145

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Please also share the following additional information:

• OS version on which the problem occurred
  • JDK version in your app

@andrey.potapov

Thanks for quick reply. We’ll keep that in mind.

PS
JDK: OpenJDK 17.0.4

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for the additional information. I forwarded it to our developers.

Hi,

I am adding a couple of source documents with tests through which, in the way already shown, I reproduce the mentioned problem.

As you can see, the problem occurs when the ordinal number in the standard form (Arabic number followed by a period) is found as the only content of the table cell, i.e. the AutoShape object (it is very possible that this is the case with other forms of Shape objects where it is possible to ordinal number is found as the only content).

Best regards!

Nenad

f1.zip (924.9 KB)
f2.zip (6.8 MB)
f3.zip (208.0 KB)
f4.zip (3.6 MB)
f5.zip (8.2 MB)
f6.zip (1.9 MB)
f7.zip (7.8 MB)

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for the samples. I’ve added them to the issue ticket.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-39145) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 23.4 (JAR).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.