Saving presentation with v15.6.0 of slides changes the font used for bullet points

using similar code as below, I open up the attached file on a remote server in a wcf service and return it.

Top 10 COBRA Mistakes and How to Avoid Them (Source).ppt

The result is the attached file:

Top 10 COBRA Mistakes and How to Avoid Them (Output).ppt

you should note that the original font, wingding code 168, used for the bullet points was changed during that saving process to normal text code 32. I also ran this locally in a test harness and on my local machine (see output.ppt) the original font for bullet points was changed to Wingdings 2 code 168, even though I have Wingdings available, so it behave different on different machines. the use of wingdings I think was due to the template used for the powerpoint.

the second issue I noted was that the last two slides in the source just have a single piece of text. if you look at the output, aspose slides added a bullet point to each of those single lines of text when it shouldn’t have.

let me know if you can reproduce these issues.

//inputFile is a byte array of the file

using (var output = new MemoryStream())

{

var document = Presentation(new MemoryStream(inputFile))

document.Save(output, SaveFormat.Ppt);

var fileOutput = output.ToArray()

// save off fileOutput to file or in our case return it from a wcf service

}

Hi Kirk,

I have worked with the presentation file shared and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-36686 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

do you know the actual cause and is there any workaround until you fix it?

Hi Kirk,

I regret to share that at present, I am unable to share any workaround as issue is simply reproduced by loading and saving the presentation. Our product team will schedule and investigate the issue on its due turn and after that, I will be able to share further feedback with you in this regard. I will really appreciate your patience till the time by which our product team share its feedback.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36686) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.