Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Saving to XLSB - file is corrupted in Excel 2010 using Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.1

Hi Aspose,


After re-saving the attached 1.xlsb file in Aspose.Cells v8.6.1, Excel 2010 displayed the following errors:
  • “Excel found unreadable content in ‘1_out.xlsb’. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes”
  • "The workbook cannot be opened or repaired by Microsoft Excel because it is corrupt."

Code which can reproduce the issue:

// Open Excel file.
final Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“C:\Temp\1.xlsb”);
// Save Excel file.
workbook.save(“C:\Temp\1_out.xlsb”);

Please advise how we can resolve this issue. Thanks.

Hi,


We are also able to replicate the issue in JAVA by running your sample code with your source XLSB file and found it gets corrupted when opening it into MS Excel 2010, it works fine in MS Excel 2007 though.

We have logged a separate JAVA issue in our database for investigation. We will also look into it and fix this issue in Aspose.Cells for Java. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as:

  • CELLSJAVA-41549 - XLSB corrupted in Excel 2010 after saving by Aspose.Cells v8.6.1

Thank you.


Hi Amjad,


Thanks for raising the ticket.

Does the team have an idea of when this will be fixed? This issue prevents the workbook from opening at all, so it is very critical to us.

Thanks.

Hi Simon,


I am afraid, we haven’t yet received any updates regarding the issue logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-41549. However, we have logged a note for the concerned member of the product team to share the analysis results as well as an ETA for the fix. As soon we get some news, we will post here for your kind reference.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

It is to inform you that this issue should be fixed in about November 20, 2015. Once the fix is available for you, we will update you asap by posting in this thread.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-41549 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,


We have fixed the issue “CELLSNET-44031” in .NET version in our latest version/ fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.1.6

Regarding JAVA fix, we will soon provide the equivalent JAVA fix here.

Thank you.

Hi,


Please try our latest version/ fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.6.1.6

We have fixed your issue “CELLSJAVA-41549” now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44031) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41549) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.