Scatter Plot repeated values on x axis and different values on Y axis

Hi,

When I render scatter plot with sames values on x axis and different vlaues on y axis, the labels on X axis shows repeated values .

Chart1 Data
PrimaryAxisTitle Visits per Day
CategoryAxisTitle Units YA
Series 0 0 0 0 0 0
6,608.7 67.3 1,595.0 765.0 18.1 522.1

ScatterPlot in Excel is attached. X axis shows repeated 0 and 1.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample file.

Well, the horizontal value axis (x-axis) in your chart got repeated due to the fact that your series’ X values data source is “=DataSheet1!$B$4:$M$4”. All the values in the range B4:M4 of DataSheet1 sheet are zero, so this is obvious that you are getting 0s repeated on x-axis. So, either you got to change the data source or change its Axis options.

We appreciate if you could provide us a sample file that contains your desired chart with your desired x-axis values, we will help you on how to accomplish the task via Aspose.Cells APIs.

Thank you.

Thanks for the quick response . Is there way by changing axis options such that Category (Horizontal X axis ) Axis labels shows 0, 1, 2 ,3… increments. Just wondering even if data source had all zero, why the chart showing 5 zeros and 6 ones (as shown in my earlier file) .

Hi,

Well, that’s MS Excel’s behavior that shows 0s and 1s on x-axis line. I think you try to input 1,2,3,…12 values into the cells for the range “B4:M4” of DataSheet1 sheet respectively, it would work fine for your needs.

Thank you.