Scrollbar issue in GridDesktop

Hi,

We have observed a problem with the scrollbars in GridDesktop.

To reproduce:

• open a file and resize so that not all the content fits in the window, (scrollbar appears and works fine)
  • scroll to the end of the content
  • resize the window so that the scrollbar is full width i.e. it would not be needed
  • the scrollbar is not removed. the content is not made visible.

This happens on both horizontal and vertical scrollbars. See the attached gif for an example reproduced in your example project.

scrollbarIssue.gif (416.0 KB)

Thanks, Zoe

@zoe.w,

Could you please handle Form’s Resize event for your needs. See the sample code segment for your requirements. I tested and it works ok, no more scrollbars are added for Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop when maximize the form:
e.g.
Sample code:

private void Form1_Resize(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            this.gridDesktop1.Width = this.Width;
            this.gridDesktop1.Height = this.Height;

}

Let us know with more details if you still find any issue.

Hi.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately that doesn’t solve the problem. I have tried adding in your code sample but we are already resizing grid desktop to the size of the form.

So the problem is if you resize then scroll to the right or bottom and the resize to be bigger again

the form will look something like this actual.PNG (15.5 KB) . Notice that the data that was scrolled out of view before the resize is not visible and the scrollbars will not do anything to make the data visible

the form should look like this should.PNG (24.5 KB)

or maybe ideally there would be some sort of auto scrollbar visibility and it would look something like this ideal.png (24.3 KB) when the content was small enough to fit

Thanks, Zoe

@zoe.w,
We have observed the issue and logged it in our database for a detailed analysis. You will be notified here once any update is ready for sharing.

This issue is logged as:
CELLSNET-49198 - Scrollbar issue in GridDesktop

1 Like

@zoe.w Please try this latest fix .
Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.v21.9.5.zip (6.8 MB)

Hi,
That looks a lot better. Thanks.
Zoe

@zoe.w,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that the fixed version supports your needs well. In the event of further queries or issue, feel free to write us back.