SDT repeat

Hello,
I’m working with repeatable SDT, but it’s not working with aspose words java whereas it works well with docx4j.

The sdt were created with the OpenDoPe word add-in, each sdt is bound to an xml element and the row is wrapped with a repeat sdt.
The document works fine with docx4j using Docx4J.bind() method.

With aspose I add the xml source with the following code:

final CustomXmlPart myXml = new CustomXmlPart();
myXml.setData(IOUtils.toByteArray(this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("/data.xml")));
myXml.setId(UUID.randomUUID().toString());
document.getCustomXmlParts().add(myXml);

then I update the fields with

document.updateFields();

and finally remove the sdts with

final NodeCollection nodes = document.getChildNodes(NodeType.STRUCTURED_DOCUMENT_TAG, true);
for (StructuredDocumentTag node: (Iterable) nodes)
{
    node.removeSelfOnly();
}

this work fine with non repeatable sdts.
but in the table where the rows should be repeated, i only get the 1st updated.

It seems to be supported since vesion 13.11.0, i’m using version 14.4.1 but I cannot find any example on how to use repeatable sdt with aspose.

Is there something wrong with the code ?

Can somebody help me ? examples, …

Thanks

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. We will provide an API to bind SDT to CustomXML properties in one of the future versions of Aspose.Words.We have already logged this feature request as WORDSNET - 4738 in our issue tracking system.You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,
Thanks for your answer.
The customXml is correctly bound to SDT but i cannot find a way to deal with repeatable content.

This article mentions “Support for Repeating Structured Document Tags” in aspose 13.11.0

Structured document tags (also known as content controls) are dynamic document elements that can be added to display and insert information in different ways and can be interacted with by the user. One special type of structured document tag in particular allows the user to repeat data from via data binding to an XML file (much like Aspose.Word’s mail merge engine with fields). Aspose.Words now supports this type of content control when exporting to different supported formats so the output document retains the repeating data as it appears in the input document.

So I wonder what the “Support for Repeating Structured Document Tags” means for aspose ?

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks
for your inquiry. The support for Repeating Structured Document Tags is not available in older version of Aspose.Words. If your document contains Repeating Structured Document Tags and document is converted to other file format e.g Pdf/XPS using older versions of Aspose.Words, the repeating content controls are ignored.

However, binding the repeating content control with new CustomXML is not supported in latest version of Aspose.Words.

Hope this answers your query. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4738) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.5 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(5)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan