Sealing Violation Exception while converting from Word to Tiff

Hi Aspose Team,

I recently migrated to the latest version of Aspose Words for Java - 15.9.0.
I was trying to convert a DOC file to TIFF format. But I was getting the below exception, every time I try to do so -
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation: can’t seal package com.sun.media.jai.codec: already loaded

With earlier versions, I was not getting the above issue. Also note, that I have the JAI core, codec and imageio along with the AdvancedImagingAPI jars in my build path already added. And we havent made any changes to our application’s existing code.
I am using JDK1.7 and Eclipse Kepler IDE to run the application.

Kindly look into it and let us know what could be done to resolve this.

Thanks,
Shilpi

Also please note it doesn’t happen in our Unix server environment.

It only happens in my local Windows env. I have also checked the JRE packages and there are no JAI jars placed there.
I also considered the option of setting my PATH and CLASSPATH vars in order to point explicitly to these jars located in my machine. But that too didn’t work.

Please look into it.

Thanks,
Shilpi

Hi Shilpi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document and JAI jar files here for testing? Please also share if you are using any ImageSaveOptions. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Please observe this happens for all kinds of input Word docs.

PFA the JAI jars and other imaging jars used.

Hi Shilpi,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJAVA-1194. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Shilpi,

Thanks for your patience. It is to inform you that our product team has completed the work on this issue (WORDSJAVA-1194)
and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the
undesired behavior you’re observing is actually not a bug in
Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue as ‘Not a Bug’.

This problem occurs because of dependencies order of Jar files. Please make sure that AdvancedImagingAPI.jar is loaded after jai_*.jars. Please check attached screenshot of Eclipse IDE for order the dependencies.

Amazing! Thank you so much Tahir for figuring that out.

That was indeed of great help. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Shilpi

Hi Shilpi,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-1194) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.