Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Search using Reader 9.3

I have several pdf documents that were created using Aspose. When I use Reader 8 to search the document all works well. When I upgraded to Reader 9.3 the document is not properly searchable. For example, when I search for the term “top,” search returns “National,” “2,” option," etc, but not “top.” I uninstalled Reader 9.3 and reinstalled Reader 8 and everything worked fine. When I went back again to Reader 9.3 search was again faulty.

Any advice (other than stick with Reader 8) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

Hi Charles,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

Please share the following information with us:

1) The way you created the PDF documents
2) The components you used to create these documents
3) Some sample problematic PDF files

We’ll test the issue at our end and update you accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Thank you for your response.

The documents are created in word and converted to .pdf using Aspose and delivered to the end user. That is about the extent of what I have been able to coax out of our IT department. Their initial response was to degrade to Reader 8, ticket closed. I was hoping you might have a better solution.

I am not able to upload the document I am working with as it has confidential and proprietary information in it. I tried to just submit a single page that was shareable, but when I printed the one page to .pdf the problem did not exist with the new single page document. I do not have a pdf editor, so I can not just delete the rest of the pages in the original document. I will try to come up with a document from our system that can be shared.

Also, I had another user try searching the same document with reader 9 and she had no issues. I went back to reader 8 and had no issues, but when I returned to reader 9 again the bug came back.

Thanks,
Chuck

Hi Charles,

Can you please specify which Aspose component did you use for Word to PDF conversion - Aspose.Words or Aspose.Pdf? Please mention the component name so I could forward your request to the related team for any further help.

We’re looking forward to help you out.
Regards,