Security and Signatures - does it meet PAdES standards?

Hi,

I’m looking to create an electronic signature feature for our web application that meets PAdES (PDF Advanced Electronic Signature) standards published by ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute), overview here. I’m considering using ASPOSE to facilitate this. I’ve read the ‘Digitally sign PDF file’ article but this does not make it clear to me if the feature meets PAdES standards, please can you confirm? Also, are there any ASPOSE customers using ASPOSE to facilitate an electronic signature solution? I’d very much appreciate any help with this.

Many thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf does not meet PAdES standards for digitally signing PDF files. I have logged an enhancement ticket PDFNET-42596 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this enhancement and will keep you updated on the status of its implementation within this forum thread. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,

More than two years have passed since this post and I didn’t find any updated for this ticket PDFNET-42596 to support PAdES standards.
Can someone of Aspose Support give us an update for this request?
For EU market this is a very big issue.

Thanks,
Alex

@alexruggeri

The new feature ticket is still pending to be resolved due to other high priority features and enhancements to the API. Please note that it is entirely a new feature to incorporate and needs some time to be implemented. We have been receiving requests for this feature from other customers as well and we definitely intend to investigate its feasibility.

We have recorded your concerns as well and raised the ticket to next level of priority. We will surely let you know as soon as some significant progress is made in this regard. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, is currently the PAdES standard supported please ?
if yes, which levels:
https://ec.europa.eu/digital-building-blocks/wikis/display/ESIGKB/What+are+the+B-T-LT+and+LTA+levels+of+an+electronic+signature

Thanks,
Michal

@rupulu

We are afraid that the earlier logged ticket is not yet resolved. We have already been working on implementing the support of logged feature and as soon as it is implemented, we will be sharing updates in this forum thread. Please spare us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.