Security Exception

I have a VB.NET 2.0 website currently using a version of Aspose.Cells purchased sometime prior to 2009. The production site is hosted by Rackspace.

We are in the process of upgrading to .NET 4.0 and have a test site hosted on Rackspace. I am having a securing issue with my Aspose pages. When using my local machine or Test machine I do not have any issues, but the site hosted by Rackspace has an issue. This may be because it running in a Modified Medium Trust security profile, and we are NOT allowed to change that.

1. Using my existing Aspose.Cells.dll and Aspose.Cells.lic from my .NET 2.0 site (purchased prior to 2009), I am able to open a generated Excel .xls on my new .NET 4.0 site. I am NOT able to generate/open an .xlsx, I get an error that .xlsx is not a format type.
  2. Using the new .NET 3.5 Aspose.Cells.dll and temporary license file generated today, I receive the error below when trying to generate either an Excel .xls OR .xlsx using the same exact code as in number 1 above.

We want to upgrade to the new version of Aspose so we can use .xlsx format, but we need to make sure we do not have security issues on Rackspace.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application’s trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request failed.]

.1 +0

.cctor() +5

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, Aspose.Cells does not work well on partial trust or medium trust mode. Please see the document for your complete reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Declaration

Thank you.