Segmentation fault under Debian when convert to png

We use Aspose.Pdf 21.1.0. On Debian environment there is a segmentation fault in specific document on specific page.

The document: http://www.qatarairways.com/docs/duty-free-catalogue35.pdf. Package versions and example are attached segv.zip (1.6 KB)

@boris.nikitin

In the shared code snippet, you are skipping the Page # 59. Is issue occurring on that page? Would you please elaborate a bit more about the issue that you are facing by sharing some screenshot. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hi, in the snippet, I skip all pages before 60th because processing all of them takes much time. It seems for me that problem is on page 60th or near.

@boris.nikitin

While testing the scenario at our side, we did not notice any issue with any page of the PDF document. Would you kindly share a screenshot - as requested earlier - so that we can further proceed to assist you accordingly.

Screenshot with what - a message “segmentation fault” in command line terminal?

@boris.nikitin

We actually need complete description of the error or the exception message which is thrown by the API.

sorry for asking such thing here, but does anyone here know a good pdf converter into jpg without loosing any quality/info?

@kingman7

You can please try using Aspose.PDF for .NET to convert PDF into JPG images and in case it does not provide expected results, please let us know.

But there is no exception. There is a message “Segmentation Fault” in command line.

@boris.nikitin

We are looking into it and will get back to you shortly.

@boris.nikitin

We have logged an investigation ticket as PDFNET-49427 in our issue tracking system for your case. We will look into details of the issue and keep you posted with the status of ticket resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali

I have a new example. The attached doc produces Fail_page_1.pdf (1.9 MB):

** (process:20982): WARNING **: Path conversion requested 1094184 bytes (2496 x 3507). Maximum size is 262144 bytes.
** (process:20982): WARNING **: Path conversion requested 1094184 bytes (2496 x 3507). Maximum size is 262144 bytes.
** (process:20982): WARNING **: Path conversion requested 273468 bytes (1248 x 1753). Maximum size is 262144 bytes.
** (process:20982): WARNING **: Path conversion requested 838553600 bytes (81920 x 81890). Maximum size is 262144 bytes.
Segmentation fault

@boris.nikitin

A new ticket as PDFNET-49973 has been logged in our issue tracking system for this new file. We will also investigate it and let you know once the logged tickets are resolved. Please give us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, any news on this? This segmentation fault is very critical for us. (

@boris.nikitin

The ticket is currently under the phase of investigation and we are afraid that we cannot share any reliable ETA at the moment. Please note that we will surely fix this issue however, it will be fixed on a first come first serve basis as per free support policy. We will let you know as soon as we make some significant progress towards resolution of the logged tickets. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi, I just want to clarify the situation for myself. I see that this forum named Free Support Forum. But maybe my license allows increase priority for issues, doesn’t it?

@boris.nikitin

In case you already have subscription of paid support, you should be able to login in helpdesk using the same email address which was used to purchase the subscription. Please create a post in paid support forum with the reference of the ticket which was logged here and your issue will be escalated accordingly.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-49427) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 22.12.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-49973) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.11.