Selection of visible values in diagram

Hi,

I want to create diagrams with some values, but just a few should be shown initially. The user of the pptx should be able to select a datasource from the worksheet.

The categories and values are added to the worksheet by

cellX = fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, j + 1, 0, (String)category));

and

cellY = fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, j + 1, i + 1, (double)value));.

If the value should be shown initially then add to the series

series.Values.Add(cellY);

and the corresponding category

chart.ChartData.Categories.Add(cellX);

After the production of the .pptx, the diagram is just a graphic and the diagram options are not avialable to select different values in Powerpoint.

Code-Snippet:

for (int i = 0; i < characteristics.Count; i++)
{
cell = fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, i + 1, 0, ((Characteristic)characteristics[i]).description);
}

for (int i = 0; i < filters.Count; i++)
{
cell = fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 0, i + 1, ((Filter)filters[i]).description);
}

int catCounter = 0;

for (int i = 0; i < filters.Count; i++)
{
if (((Filter)filters[i]).isShow)
{
cell = fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, 0, i + 1);
chart.ChartData.Series.Add(cell, chart.Type);
series = chart.ChartData.Series[chart.ChartData.Series.Count - 1];
for (int j = characteristics.Count - catLimit; catCounter < catLimit; j++)
{
if (((Characteristic)characteristics[j]).isShow)
{
cell = fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, j + 1, 0);
chart.ChartData.Categories.Add(cell);
cell = fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, j + 1, i + 1);
series.Values.Add(cell);
catCounter++;
}
}
}
}

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Hi Tim,

I have tried to observe the requirements shared by you and have not been able to completely understand them. I have observed the image shared by you and it seems to be an excel chart as Ole frame. When any thing is added as Ole frame inside PowerPoint, it is to be updated via its respective source component. In your case, if you want to update the chart as shared in the query inside you need to update it via Aspose.Cells. I also like to add here that Aspose.Slides does support MSO chart and you can create or modify them using Aspose.Slides. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference. Please share your requirements in the form PowerPoint presentation if you wish to use MSO charts. However, if you wish to edit the MS Excel charts that are added as Ole frames in PowerPoint presentation then you need Aspose.Cells to modify that. In that case, I suggest you to please consult Aspose.Cells forum for this.

Many Thanks,