Sending output to the browser

When pumping the bytes of an Aspose processed document down a httpRequest to a browser, clicking OPEN results in Word saying "This file could not be found. Please try ". However, if you click SAVE, the word file is saved and can be viewed properly. This only occurs when the HTTP Header is sent to attachment i.e.

resp.ContentType = "Application\Msword" 
resp.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=" & docFileName & ".doc")

When the content-disposition is ‘inline’, both Open and Save works; but the behaviour of open (correctly) is to open the doc in the current browser window. I need the ability to open the document in a new Word window.

The doc seems to be written to the cache correctly, and I have tried playing around with cache expiries, but to no avail. I know that this isn’t an Aspose.Word issue; but it is related to its use - so I’m hoping that someone might have an idea of what to do…

Any ideas??

Cheers.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Hard to say, all seems to be correct. However, does the Save(string, SaveFormat, SaveType, HttpResponse) method work for you? And why don’t you use it instead?