Sensitivity not working

Hi,

We are using Aspose.Email to send meeting requests through our application (Windows Forms application in VB / Framework 3.5). When we want to send an private meeting, it is mentioned that we should use the property Sensitivity to acheive this(Set to MailSensitivity.Private)

But this is not working. When i receive the mail in Outlook, the Private option is not selected. It is like a normal mail.

It is also recommended in some Aspose forums that we should set the Authentication mode to none. But that too is not working.

PFB the sample code which is used to acheive this:

Dim smtp As SmtpClient = New SmtpClient("ServerName")
smtp.AuthenticationMethod = SmtpAuthentication.None
Dim msg As MailMessage = New MailMessage()
//Fill other details in msg like To, Form, Subject,...
msg.Sensitivity = MailSensitivity.Private
smtp.Send(msg)

Please let me know how can i acheive this?v

Hi Deivarayan,

Thank you for writing to us.

I have tested this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 2.8.0 and outlook shows the sensitivity message fine atop the email, as can be seen in the attached screenshot. Please try it using the latest version of Aspose.Email and let us know your feedback.

Sample Code:

MailMessage mailMsg = new MailMessage();
mailMsg.From = "from@gmail.com";
mailMsg.To.Add(new MailAddress("To@domain.com"));
mailMsg.Subject = "Testing Sensitivity Functionality..";
mailMsg.Body = "Test Email's body";
mailMsg.Sensitivity = MailSensitivity.Private;

SmtpClient client = GetSmtpClient();
client.Send(mailMsg);

Hi kashif, Thanks for the very quick reply. It is indeed working fine for the mail messages without appointment as pointed out by you. But when i try to add an appointment to the message, the sensitivity is lost. PFB the same code to reproduce the problem:

Dim mailMsg As MailMessage = New MailMessage()
mailMsg.From = "XXXXX"
mailMsg.To.Add(New MailAddress("YYYYY"))
mailMsg.Subject = "Testing Sensitivity Functionality.."
mailMsg.Body = "Test Email's body"
Dim app As Appointment = New Appointment("Paris", DateTime.Now, DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(30), mailMsg.From, mailMsg.To)
mailMsg.AlternateViews.Add(app.RequestApointment())
mailMsg.Sensitivity = MailSensitivity.Private
Dim client As SmtpClient = New SmtpClient("ZZZZZZ")
client.Send(mailMsg)

Hi Deivarayan,

Thank you for the feedback.

From the attached screenshot, that you provided, this doesn't seem to be related to MailSensitivity. Instead, it is related to making an appointment private in order to stop others from viewing the details of this appointment as detailed HERE.

After going through the produce documentation and supported features, I could not find any information on how to achieve this, and it seems to be a probable new feature. I'll discuss this with our development team and update you accordingly.