Series Data Label Value and Percentage Showing [VALUE] and [PERCENTAGE]

We have an application which manages file storage for users, so a simple upload and download style system. We are having issues with Excel concerning chart series data labels. Chart Series Data Label Value and Percentage are Showing [VALUE] and [PERCENTAGE] rather than the actual values, for example 200, 50%. There are only a couple things we are doing to the file before it gets downloaded, in following code snippets

public void Initialize(Stream dataStream)
{
var license = new License();
license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”);
_workbook = new Workbook(dataStream);
}
and then just saving it.
public void SaveFile(Stream output)
{
_workbook.Save(output, new XlsSaveOptions(_saveFormat));
}

I don’t know how this is changing these values. If I go and grab the file directly from our storage, it shows the values as they were when it was uploaded, so we figured it was part of the download that was altering it and only part I could think was the creation of a new workbook. Any thoughts? Thanks. If you need a test file, let me know and I’ll see about making one up for you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

This problem seems to be occurring because of some bug in Aspose.Cells. Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.10.7.0 and see if it makes any difference in resolving this issue.

If your issue still occurs, then please provide us your source excel file so that we could replicate this issue at our end and log it in our database for a fix.

Unfortunately updating to the latest version of Aspose did not solve the issue at hand. Attached is an example file that has the issue described, the pie chart labels at the bottom are the labels I was referring too. After we create a new work book with aspose to then save, without doing anything else to the file the labels are showing up incorrect. Thanks for the assistance.

Hi again,

Thank you for sharing the sample.

We have evaluated the presented scenario and we are able to replicate the said issue by just re-saving your provided spreadsheet with Aspose.Cells for .NET 16.10.9. In order to further investigate the matter, we have raised this incident with the product team under the ticket CELLSNET-44890. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the case and revert back with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

This is to update you that the ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-44890 has been marked resolved. We will shortly share the fix here for your testing.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.11.1.0 and let us know your feedback.

As the range of data labels is a new feature of excel 2016, so you must save file as “.xlsx” format.

C#
book.Save("save.xlsx"));

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44890) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.