Server hangs when doing UpdateFields

We use Aspose.Words to convert word files to pdf format. In this process we also use the UpdateFields command.

Document doc = new Document(filepath)
doc.Document.Range.UpdateFields();

For some files this code hangs and with it the entire web server. So this issue is very important to use!!!

This works for the version Aspose.Words 10.1.0.0 but not in version Aspose.Words 10.1.1.0 and later up til Aspose.Words 10.8.0.0. (haven't tested them all though)

The attached files are in doc format but the problem is the same in docx. One file that works and one that doesn't.

And again, our customers web server stops working right now so Please make this a priorty issue.

Hi Barium,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your provided files help me to reproduce the same issue on my side. I logged it in our bug tracking system. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved. Sorry for inconvenience.

How is this issue progressing? I need to tell our customer something more detailed. Now all I can say is that an Aspose component is the reason to why their production system is down.

An update is necessary for our customer.

Hi
Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry. First of all, while using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 10.8.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. We have already logged this issue in our bug tracking system. Unfortunately, this issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for inconvenience.

Secondly, the problem occurs because Aspose.Words, for some reasons, is not Updating the PAGE field i.e. found in HeaderEven of your input document (Error.doc) correctly.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5691) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan