Server-side printing using the XPS Print API - Now Deprecated by Microsoft

Some years ago you (Aspose) helped me in getting printing working with the XPS Print API. It was, at the time, Microsoft’s only supported way to print Aspose-generated documents server-side.
But I recently found out that they have now deprecated the XPS Print API, returning us to a situation where there is no supported server-side printing solution for .NET. (!) (GDI still works, but that’s not practically usable for document rendering from .NET).
So, I’m posting here to let you know, since maybe you have a number of customers depnding on the XPS Print API.
Here is a link to your own documentation about using XPS Print:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/print-a-document-programmatically-or-using-dialogs/
I have logged a request here to ask MS to reverse their decision.
Regards,
John

Hi John,
Thanks for your request. Please check following link.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/printdocs/xps-printing
XPS Print API is still working in Windows so please continue using it for now. It should work for you for long time. However, If Microsoft removes XPS Print API completely, we will have to change the code example to send XPS directly to the spooler. We basically then need to write a new module that will use Windows XPS Document API and Document Print API together to create an XPS document and print it. We will keep you informed of any developments on this new module and let you know once it is available. The issue ID for this feature is WORDSNET-10256.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks for your quick and comprehensive reply.
John

"If Microsoft removes XPS Print API completely, we will have to change the code example to send XPS directly to the spooler. "
Looks like XPS Print API is no longer accessible from a Windows Service on Server 2012R. How soon can Aspose change the XPS printing example to overcome the retracted functionality?

See also recent discussion here

Hi Karl,
Thanks for your inquiry. We basically need to write a new module that will use Windows XPS Document API and Document Print API together to create an XPS document and print it. We will update you via this forum thread once this feature (WORDSNET-10256) available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

any word on this?

Hi there,
Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that the feature WORDSNET-10256 has been postponed. I am afraid, there is no estimate available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as there are any further developments.
We apologize for your inconvenience.