Set Advanced properties in word document for jasper

We have been asked by a client if we can set the Advanced parameters in word, such as title, author etc.
In jasper this is done by using SimpleDocxExporterConfiguration and add it to AWDocxExporter with setConfiguration().

However it seems that aspose haven’t implemented the newer use of setExporterInput()/setExporterOutput() according to what I could find in the forum. I tried to set the configuration and still use parameters such as AWExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT, AWExporterParameter.OUTPUT_FILE_NAME but that caused the following error:

Caused by: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Can't mix deprecated JRParameter API calls with new exporter configuration API calls.
	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRAbstractExporter.checkApi(JRAbstractExporter.java:309)
	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRAbstractExporter.setParameter(JRAbstractExporter.java:345)
	at com.aspose.words.jasperreports.internal.awjr3192.setParameter(Unknown Source)
	at idainfront.forensic.lims.report.jasper.JasperReportProcess.generateReport(JasperReportProcess.java:192)

If I tried to use the exporter.setExporterInput(()/exporter.setExporterOutput() I can’t generate my report because there is no output chosen.

Is there a way around this or is it at the moment impossible to set this metadata information?
Seems like Aspose also swollows it up if I try to set them in the report directly with net.sf.jasperreports.export.docx.metadata..
File with my configuration for example.
AWDocxExporter exporter.docx (13.2 KB)

@marten.carlzon We will check the issue and get back to you soon.

@marten.carlzon
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSJR-355

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Okay thank you very much!
Will look into paid support service but if that is something we want or not is not up to me as I am isch at the bottom of the food chain :slight_smile:

@marten.carlzon Anyways we will look at the issue and let you know once it is resolved or we have more information for you.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJR-355) have been fixed in this
Aspose.Words for JasperReports 23.9 update