SET Field code

We are in the process of converting our existing Word documents over to support merging using Aspose. In our documents, we use the SET field code for a number of things. It sets variables to results of complicated math calculation or to some IF compare logic to avoid nesting IF too deeply. I don’t see the SET field as a supported field in the documentation.
I’ve tried to explain to the users converting the word documents that they just need to repeat whatever they are setting the variable to in the different places that the variable is being referenced. They are saying it is too unwieldy for them due to a number of complications.
Are there plans to support the SET field command in the near future?
Is anyone familiar with this and can recommend a work around?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach simple document that will demonstrate how you use SET fields? We will check it and provide you more information.
The only workaround, I can suggest you at the moment is the same as you suggested to your customers, i.e. placing IF field conditions everywhere where you use reference to SET field.
Also as an option, you can consider moving complex calculations from your document to your code. This will allow you to avoid using complex IF fields in the document.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4001) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(107)