Set Font size of overlay text in RedactionAnnotation using Aspose.PDF for .NET

Hi all,

I saw that there was recently a font size property added to RedactionAnnotation for Aspose pdf for Java (PDFJAVA-39017, https://forum.aspose.com/t/how-can-i-set-the-font-size-on-the-overlay-text-on-redactionannotation/205489), could this be ported to Aspose for .NET as well? We would like to set it on RedactionAnnotations. Also related, it would be nice if there was a way to set that font to auto size as well so that all text in a RedactionAnnotation fits within the annotation’s rectangle (or tries to at least) :slight_smile:

Thanks!

@bvk,

I like to inform that issues which are resolved for Java are first ported to .NET than it will be resolved for Java.

@Adnan.Ahmad,

Sorry I’m not sure I understand fully-- will the functionality be ported to .NET in the near future? If so, is the plan to port the code to .NET within the next couple releases?

Thanks!

@bvk,

I like to share that Aspose.PDF for Java is build from Aspose.PDF for .NET by auto porting latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET API every month and both products are theoretically at same level in terms of features. So issues which we observed in Java are first resolved in .NET than they are resolved in Java version as well at simultaneously.

@Adnan.Ahmad,

As far as I’ve been able to determine, the feature listed from that ticket is not available within Aspose.Pdf for .NET in either in v 19.12 or v 20.1. In the java documentation for RedactionAnnotation (Using extra types of PDF annotations|Aspose.PDF for Java) there was seemingly a property added to the object called setFontSize–there is no corresponding FontSize property in the .NET build of Aspose.Pdf-- unless it exists under a different name or something?

The FontSize property was what I was hoping to use to set the size of the text used for the OverlayText.

@bvk,

I have observed your comments and like to inform that I have created investigation ticket with ID PDFNET-47520 in our issue tracking system to investigate and add this property in .NET as well.

@Adnan.Ahmad,

Thanks! I am looking forward to using it when it’s available :slight_smile:

@bvk,

Sure, we will share good news with you soon.

Has there been any update on adding this functionality? I have upgraded to the latest Aspose PDF for .NET 20.7 and it appears as though this functionality is still not in the .NET package.

Thanks,
Brian

@bvk

Regretfully, the earlier logged ticket is not yet resolved. However, we have recorded your concerns and will surely inform you as soon as required functionality is available in the API. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

is it not done yet? i waiting it for a year.

@jpark1980

Please accept our humble apology for the inconvenience you have been facing. We are afraid that the logged ticket could not get resolved due to other pending issues in the queue. However, we will surely look into its details and implement the requested enhancement. We will let you know as soon as we have additional updates in this regard. Your patience is highly appreciated in this matter.

We apologize for your inconvenience.