Set Review | Tracking | Display for Review | All Markup MS Word Option

Hello Team,

We are using aspose to generate the word document and to present the differences.

We are looking for technical possibility to enable the option ‘All Markup’ as a default under Review > Tracking > Display for review section.

Right now the default value is ‘Simple Markup’.

We have license but when upgrading it to check the technical feasibility of our requirement facing an error that the license will not allow for the latest upgrade.

First we would like to know whether the solution we are looking is possible with the existing license for have to upgrade it.

Please suggest us and forward this mail to the relevant team if this is not the right team.

Please treat this as the high priority and earliest response is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Raj.

@RajasekharGampa,

Display for Review Setting of MS Word

When I open MS Word 2019 application, it shows ‘All Markup’ option by default selected. I then chose the ‘No Markup’ option and saved the document to DOCX format. After when I reopen the DOCX file, MS Word 2019 again showed me ‘All Markup’ selected instead of ‘No Markup’. So, it seems this information is not stored in document structure itself but is based/dependent on the client-side apps e.g. Microsoft Word.

Choose how you'd like to see Changes in this Document

However, I have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-19678. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@RajasekharGampa,

Regarding WORDSNET-19678, we have completed the work on this issue and come to a conclusion that we will not be able to implement the fix of this issue. MS Word does not store View | Markup settings in the document file (these are MS Word settings). So, there is no way to change this option by using Aspose.Words. In case you have further inquiries or need any help in future, please let us know.

Hello Hafeez, Thanks for your reply and appreciate the feedback.

The options either “Simple Markup” OR “All Markup” are enabled based on the previous document selections. However the default option for the brand-new document will be “Simple Markup” if I am not wrong. Your conclusion is this setting is not possible with any license of Aspose. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Once again, Thanks for your reply.

Rajashekhar.

@RajasekharGampa,

Yes, your understanding is correct. There is no way to change this option/setting by using Aspose.Words (even after you specify license). Display for Review options are based/dependent on the client-side apps e.g. Microsoft Word.