SetLicense fails in latest update to Aspose.PDF.dll

I just updated Aspose.PDF.dll from version 10.9 to 11.1, and now SetLicense cannot find our license file. The license file is saved as an embedded resource in the calling assembly, and has been renamed from the default so as to avoid conflicts with other Aspose clients’ software.

Downgrading back to version 10.9 fixed the issue. We use a few other of the Aspose products as well (mostly Word, Cells and Slides) and those are finding the license correctly - it’s just the PDF assembly that’s failing to find the license. I have not tried version 11.0 of Aspose.PDF.dll to see if the issue persists there.

Was there any change in license handling that may have occurred between versions 10.9 and 11.1 that we need to be aware of? This is a very very big problem for us, so if this can be bumped to the priority queue, that would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks for contacting support.

We also managed to notice the license initialization issue in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.1.0 and in order to resolve this problem, a new hotfix of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.1.1. Please try using the latest hotfix and in case you still face the same issue, please share some details regarding your working environment. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks for the super quick reply! I just tried the hotfix, and it looks like it works just fine. Many many thanks on this - this was my first day getting back to working on this product this year, and it didn’t start out so well, so the quick availability of the fix basically saved my day (as far as productivity goes, at least :slight_smile: ).

Thanks again,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the feedback.

We are glad to hear that your problem is resolved. Please continue using our API’s and in the event of any further query, please feel free to contact. Thanks for contacting support and have a good day :slight_smile: