SetLicense with embedded resource behavior differs accross platform / products?

Hi, I was helping a team that switched from a Linux to a Windows Azure App Service because of an issue they didn’t really investigate :frowning: . They are using an embedded license file and for now it seems I found that on Linux:

• Aspose.Cells.Licence.SetLicense does work with just “Aspose.Total.NET.lic”
  • Aspose.Pdf.License.SetLicense seems to require the namespace ie “AngularApp1.Server.Aspose.Total.NET.Lic” (else I have a file not found exception).

Not tried yet other combination and checked Windows vs Linux. I tested that with Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Pdf 24.3.

P.S : just saw in the forum someone that solved a similar issue with Aspose.Email by changing the embedded resource name. Not huge but it can be quite confusing especially if the behavior is not the same accross all products at least on a given platform.

@Pat17,

We will evaluate and look into your issue and get back to you soon.

@Pat17

We have opened an investigation ticket as PDFNET-56810 in our issue management system to review this scenario and analyze. We will look into the details of the logged ticket and as soon as it is resolved, we will update you via this forum thread. Please be patient and spare us some time.