SetTExt consuming more time

Hello,

I am using aspose java pdf library to modifying pdf. Pdf contains 5 pages ( size is 41 kb).

The whole process takes a lot of time i.e 15-16 seconds.

Below is the code snippet
for(com.aspose.pdf.TextFragment textFragment:(Iterable)textFragmentCollection)
{
textFragment.setText("*" + textFragment.getText());
}
Please let me know if i am doing any thing wrong or suggest me any alternat method to reduce this long processing time.

I observed that setText() method taking more time.

Please find attached my sample pdf.

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please share your complete sample code, so we will test the scenario and will guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Team,

Attached is the sample code and the pdf for you reference.

The code is picked from your example references.

“getText()” is fast whereas the “setText” takes considerable amount of time.

Let me know if you need any other information from my side.

Regards

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for sharing the complete code. It seems 15-16 seconds are good enough to replace 379 instances of text. However, we have logged an investigation ticket PDFNEWJAVA-34540 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Best Regards,

Hi Team,

As standalone application 15 or 16 second are ok but when we treat it as a enterprise server level application , that is too high.

If we checked the same with PDFBOX it is only consuming 1-2 seconds. (Java)

We also checked it with ABCPDF (windows Platform Only)it is also taking 2 seconds to replace all pages with 379 entries.

So these figures for ASPOSE Java PDF are quite high if we compare with other PDF libraries.

Please let us know if we can expedite the replacement process with ASPOSE, as we are looking around on Large sized PDF’s.

Regards
Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your feedback. We have recorded your concern and shared with our development team. As soon as our development team completes the investigation then we will share findings and ETA/workaround for the issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Team,

The current thread is throwing access denied to my team members. Earlier they were able to viwe the response. Is it made private .
Could you please check.
Link: <a href="

Regards
Manish

Hi Manish,

As per your request, I have marked this thread as public and now they should be able to access this thread. In case I can be of any further assistance, please do let me know.