Setting license problem

We (WestLB Bank) had bought 1 developer license for the Aspose.Cells (Java Version) last month.
Unfortunately I am unable to enable the license for our web application here. The developer machine runs on Win XP Professional.
We have never used this license file before and this is the first time we are using this license file here.

I have followed the instructions as mentioned in your website but I get the foll. exception from my code.

License license = new License();
InputStream is = new FileInputStream(DEFAULT_DIRECTORY + LICENSE_FILE); license.setLicense(is); is.close();

//Note: DEFAULT_DIRECTORY + LICENSE_FILE is the path to the Aspose.Cells.lic file

com.aspose.cells.AsposeLicenseException: The license is not valid for this product.
at com.aspose.cells.License.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)
at
de.westlb.columbus.arg.services.excel.AsposeWriter.initLicense(AsposeWriter.java:40)
at
de.westlb.columbus.arg.common.config.Configurator.loadAsposeLicense(Configurator.java:419)
at
de.westlb.columbus.arg.common.config.Configurator.configureApp(Configurator.java:128)
at
de.westlb.columbus.arg.ui.ContextListener.contextInitialized(ContextListener.java:38)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3729)

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Merit.

Hello Developers,

I have glanced at the license file for this customer. It is for .NET and the expiration is good. Please let me know if I need to help any further.

Vishwa,

Your license file is for .NET. If this is a mistake and you needed Java, please let me know. I will try to get it straightened out for you.

Yes, Please. We need the license for Aspose.Cells(Java Version). There has been a mistake somewhere. I checked up the invoice received by our purchase department(WestLB) and it does not seem to contain any .Net or Java version information.

Hi Vishwa,

I think maybe you purchase Aspose.Cells for .Net instead of Aspose.Cells for Java.

Hi Merit,

Since the license file is .NET version and Vishwa uses our Java product. Please disable this license file and send Vishwa a new license file.

Hi Laurence,

Yes, It is possible that the mistake could have been on our side.

Please disable the .Net license file. Our team is not involved in any .Net development. The application is a Java-based web application running on Tomcat Web Server.

thanks,

Vishwa