Setting the directionality of text layer

Hi!
We are using Aspose.PSD to replace the text in text layers with translated versions of it. In some cases this translation happens to be in a language that has a different directionality than the original source (i.e. translating from an LTR language to an RTL one or vice-versa).

In Photoshop you can set the directionality of a paragraph using the controls below:
paragraph_direction.png (3.3 KB)

However, in order for these to show up, the layouting of the current text layer has to be changed to Word-Ready Layout:world-ready-layout.png (9.1 KB)

We would need a way to set both of these through the API provided by Aspose.PSD. Currently we found the Justification property only, but alignment and directionality are different topics, the latter has an effect on character ordering as well. This might have been a misunderstanding on a previous bug (Setting the text directionality), to which the fix mentioned this Justification property only.

Example - Replacing English text with Arabic
Here, after opening the input file, we would check if World-Ready Layout is enabled on the text layer, if not, we would enable it through Aspose.PSD. Then we would set the directionality to RTL, replace the text and call UpdateLayerData(). - For this we would need a way to read and set both the directionality property and word-ready layout.

AsposeLicenser.LoadLicense();

using (PsdImage image = (PsdImage)Image.Load(sourceFileName))
{
var layer = (TextLayer)image.Layers[1];
layer. // here I expect to access all of them
}

Please let us know if there is something in place for these. RTL support is an important need on our end.

Regards,
Arnold

@arnoldbeilandevozon,

The support concerning to setting RTL is presently unavailable in API and a ticket with ID PSDNET-686 has been created to further investigate the requirements on our end. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the feature will be availble.

Hi. Any updates on this?

@arnoldbeilandevozon

I regret to share that at present the issue is unresolved and we request for your patience. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Hi,
are there any updates on when this issue will be addressed?

@rlaskowski.sdl

I regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. We request for your patience and will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.