Setting up Aspose.Cells.GridWeb

I am having a hard time setting up a GridWeb control. I want to display a simple Excel spreadsheet as read-only in a GridWeb. I have created a very simple project, copying and pasting from your examples, but I cannot make it work. The problems I’m having are:

1) The images do not display at the very bottom of the page.

2) The size isn’t respected – there is a lot of empty white space at the bottom and the GridWeb isn’t wide enough.

3) There is a JavaScript error when the page is loaded: ‘acwmain’ is undefined

4) The data displays but it does not scroll well and it is not interactive – I can’t change sheets, sort by columns, etc.

I have put the directory /acw_client/ in the same directory as the page I am running (GridWeb.aspx), but this does not seem to help at all.

I feel like this problem is because I do not know where to put the acw_client files and how to specify that location to the GridWeb control. Your help is appreciated.

Hi,

If you are using a WebApplication project, please copy acw_client folder with files (default at C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Cells for .NET) into your project, and add these configurations into appSettings section in your web.config:

Please also get the latest version Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v2.5.0.2002.

Thank you! That did the trick. I also had to get an updated version of the files in the acw_client directory from the latest Aspose.Cells download – the directory I had been using before was missing some files. Everything seems to be working now.