SetWidth and SetAngle not working

hello, I am running rev 4.4.0 of aspose.diagram, but I have been able to replicate the problem in 4.3.0 also.

I have a Visio with shapes embedded in other shapes. When I try to call setwidth or setangle on one of the embedded shapes, i get an error. Note that the functions work properly when called on a root shape.

This was working in earlier versions, but I dont know anymore what version.

I am attaching the Visio and the code.

My project needs this to work desperately, So i would appreciate if you could investigate urgently.

Thank you,

guido

this is with the correct attachment

Ok I refined the problem.

When the source visio is loaded as a “.vsd” file, it works. But when the source file is in the “.vsdx” format, both setwidth and setangle fail.

I will convert my files to the vsd format for now untill you have a resolution. But are there any differences in functionality when the root visio is in vsdx or vsd ?

than you

Hi Guido,

Thank you for contacting support. We have tested your sample VSDX drawing against the latest build of Aspose.Diagram 4.4.0. The MoveTo method works perfectly. We could not reproduce the error message. However, we can reproduce an error message ( ArgumentException ) while saving to the JPG format after SetWidth method call. We have logged this issue under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50233 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenienced you faced.

In case, you are facing an issue with MoveTo method, then please share other environment details. e.g. operating system (edition, 32 & 64 bit), JDK version and IDE. We’ll take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

Please note that the VSDX format is the new file format. It provides us a number of new features. Also, it is entirely different than VSD format. The transformation of VSDX to VSD format may lead to an error message.

Hi Guido,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMNET-50233 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then these fixes will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.5.0. Its release date is not final yet. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50233) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.