Several issues saving docx file to pdf

Hi

We are using Aspose.Words 14.7.0 for Java 1.6.
We’re trying to convert the file Appendices-E.docx to pdf. Several issues are in the output:

1. Footer information jumps to the top of the page behind the other text (see page 19).
  2. Brackets in equations are bolded and their spacing is incorrect (see page 119).
  3. Special characters are replaced by a block (see page 157).
  4. Table layout changes (cell width? - see page 468).
  5. Equations disappear (see page 516).

In attachment you’ll find the original docx document and the problematic pages extracted. In the output folder you’ll find their pdf equivalents like we converted them. Only problems 2 and 5 persist in the seperated conversions. In the feedback folder there are screenshots of the exact problems.

Could you investigate?

Kind regards,

Bart Maes
Docbyte

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry.

*Docbyte:

1. Footer information jumps to the top of the page behind the other text (see page 19).
  2. Brackets in equations are bolded and their spacing is incorrect (see page 119).*

I have tested the scenario and have found the following issues at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged these problems in our issue tracking system as follow:

WORDSNET-11302 : Footer position is changed after conversion from Docx to Pdf
WORDSNET-11304 : Docx to Pdf conversion issue with equation rendering

I have linked this forum thread to the same issues and you will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

*Docbyte:

1. Special characters are replaced by a block (see page 157).*

Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents to fixed-page formats (JPEG, PNG, PDF or XPS). Make sure you have all the Fonts installed on your machine you’re using to convert Word document to Pdf format. I would suggest you please read the
following articles:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/using-truetype-fonts/
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/specify-truetype-fonts-location/

*Docbyte:

1. Table layout changes (cell width? - see page 468).*

I have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 14.12.0 and have not found the shared issue. Please use Aspose.Words for Java 14.12.0.

*Docbyte:

1. Equations disappear (see page 516).*

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behaviour as MS Word does. If you convert your document to Pdf using MS Word, you will get the same output.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi

Any updates regarding below?

WORDSNET-11302 : Footer position is changed after conversion from Docx to Pdf
WORDSNET-11304 : Docx to Pdf conversion issue with equation rendering

Kind regards,

Bart Maes
Docbyte

Hi there,

Thanks
for your inquiry. I have verified the status of both issues from our issue tracking system and following is the detail.

The WORDSNET-11302 is pending for analysis and is in the queue.
The implementation of WORDSNET-11304 issue has been postponed.

We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11302) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11304) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.5 update.