Shape Collections in GridDesktop

Hi,

Is it possible to bind shape collections (Textbox, Rectangle shapes,Charts,.etc) from Excel workbook to GridDesktop in C#.Net application.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Hi,

I am not sure about your requirement exactly. Could you elaborate it more and how can you do this with even .NET’s Grid control or binding shapes (of an Excel file) to other Excel file.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad Shai,

I have attached sample Excel book for your reference. This excel book contains text values, chart and text box in Sheet1. I am using below code to import excel book to GridDeskTop.

GridDesktop.ImportExcelFile("Book.xlsx");

After importing the document to grid, the grid will contains only text values in cell. It doesn't import textbox and chart from excel book to grid. I want to know whether Is it possible to display all shapes (textbox, chart,.etc) in GridDesktop.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Hi Dhivya,

Thank you for elaborating your query.
I am afraid, we currently do not support this feature [Importing Shapes Collection to GridDesktop]. If you confirm, we can add it as a “Feature Request” in our system and then check the feasibility of it’s implementation.

Hi babar.raza,

Thanks for your reply.Actually we need this feature to display all textboxs, flow chart shapes and charts using GridDesktop in our application. Please inform me if it is possible to provide this feature, if yes then tell me the estimated time for this feature.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Hi Dhivya,

We have logged a request for “New Feature” in our system under Ticket ID CELLSNET-26751. But we will not be able to provide this feature very soon, as we have some more important tasks in hand. When this functionality is available, you will be notified here.
Thanks for understanding.

Hi,

We have supported to import charts and shapes from excel file in Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v2.6.0.2001.

Hi,

I am facing below issues while importing the Excel 97 - 2003 (.xls) document with collection of shapes using Aspose.Cells.GridDeskTop for .Net version 2.6.0. I have attached the sample documents and the exception screen shots for your reference.

• The "Sample1.rar" contains the test document and the error screen shot. I am getting this exception while importing the document into grid desk top control.
  • Some of the shapes in GridDeskTop filled with black backgroung. Not able to view the content in that shapes. The "Sample2.rar" contains the sample document and screen shot for this issue.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Hi,

Thanks for providing the sample project files and reporting the problem.

We have logged your comments and files in our database. We will investigate the problem and update you asap.

Hi,

We have checked your files and found there are some shapes which are not supported in Excel 2003 format.

Please save your output workbooks in Excel 2007 format. It will work fine.

Please download: Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v2.6.0.2003

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 26751; 26751) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

If the excel document contains any of the freeform shapes and smart arts, the C# application is throwing "Parameter is not valid" exception. I am using Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop version 2.6.1.2000.

Please find the sample excel book for your reference.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Hi,

I was able to replicate this problem using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v2.6.3.2000

We will look into it and fix it and update you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-31053.

Here is a stack trace for a reference.

System.ArgumentException was unhandled
Message=“Parameter is not valid.”
Source=“System.Drawing”
StackTrace:
at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream)
at Ӕ.ழ.get_ᡩ()
at Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.GridDesktop.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at AsposeGridDesktop.Program.Main() in F:\Shak-Data-RW\Projects\AsposeProject\AsposeGridDesktop\Program.cs:line 18
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException:

Hi,

We have fixed this bug. Please download: Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop v2.6.3.2001

Hi,

Still I am getting "Parameter is not vaild" exception for excel documents, if it has any smart art shapes. Please provide fix for this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Hi,

Could you attach some sample files for which you find the issue, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Please find the attached sample test document.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Hi,

I was able to replicate the problem using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v2.6.3.2001

I have reopened the solution and this time, I have attached the runnable sample application for a reference. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

Hi,

After further investigation, we found “SampleBook.xlsx” contains a SmartArt shape which is not currently supported by Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 31053) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.