We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Shape Imported from SVG to PowerPoint Presentation Has Wrong Line Width

Hello - I am seeing an issue exporting a Presentation with an SVG imbedded.

This is likely related to SLIDESNET-43450. I can confirm running Python Aspose.Slides via .Net 22.12.0

In the example below, modeled after https://docs.aspose.com/slides/python-net/image/#converting-svg-to-a-set-of-shapes, the returned deck is a black square.

My use-case is to render as a PNG. However, when exporting as a PPTX, the shapes appear to be extremely enlarged and on-top-of another.

image.png (1.8 KB)

import aspose.slides as slides
import aspose.pydrawing as drawing

with slides.Presentation() as presentation:
    # Read SVG file content
    with open("my-test.svg","rt") as in_file:
        svgContent = in_file.read()
        # Create SvgImage object
        svgImage = slides.SvgImage(svgContent)

# Get slide size
        slide_size = presentation.slide_size.size

# Convert SVG image to group of shapes scaling it to slide size
        presentation.slides[0].shapes.add_group_shape(svgImage, 0, 0, slide_size.width, slide_size.height)

# Save presentation in PPTX format
    presentation.save("presentation_with_shape_svg.pptx", slides.export.SaveFormat.PPTX)
    presentation.slides[0].get_thumbnail(drawing.Size(1920, 1080)).save("test.png", drawing.imaging.ImageFormat.png)

@aspose-slides-master-001,
Thank you for contacting support.

Could you please share the my-test.svg file you used with this code example? You can zip the file and upload an archive here.

Assessment-Scope.zip (567 Bytes)

@Andrey_Potapov - Here you go!

Thank you for the sample SVG file. I am checking the problem you described and will get back to you soon.

I’ve reproduced the problem with importing the shapes from the SVG image and added a ticket with ID SLIDESPYNET-74 to our issue-tracking system. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our development team will investigate the case. You will be notified when a new release of Aspose.Slides with a fix is published.

Thanks for the update @Andrey_Potapov. Is there an ETA for the patch to be released?

I’ve requested plans for the issue from our development team. We will let you know soon.

1 Like

@Andrey_Potapov - Were you able to get an estimated date for the deployment of a patch for this bug?

Thanks,

I am still waiting for a response from our development team. Thank you for your patience.

The issue has been scheduled for investigation for mid-February. We will inform you of any progress.