Shape.Name contents and custom names

Hi there

At the moment I am a little confused about the 'Name' property in the Shape class and the derived types. Excel lets you give a shape a custom name by using the 'Name Box' to the left of the function box. Those custom names are not reflected in the shape object's name for all types. I would need either those or the cell obtained via UpperLeftRow and UpperLeftColumn to identify the objects.

Here are my findings so far:

Shape type Default name Custom Name recognized Reference cell set
ComboBox \0sxxxx Yes Yes
Picture Picture x No Yes
TextBox TextBox x No Yes
Drawing shapes Unknown x No No (Always A1)

I havent tried for other objects so far but as you see, it is virtually impossible to identify the drawing objects for example. Can you shed some light on how those names are handled?

Thank you very much

Lukas

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Well, we are not very clear about your requirement here. Aspose.Cells does provide the feature to assign the custom names to the shapes by using Shape.Name API and Shape.UpperLeftRow & Shape.UpperLeftColumn APIs are also supported. If you have any specific Shape object which you are unable to assign the custom name, please share the details (may be create a template file and your sample code) to reproduce the issue and we will check it soon.

Also, if you are using some older version, you may give a try to our latest version (attached) and see if it works fine for you.

Thank You & Best Regards,