Shape position

Hi.

I want to get a position(page and absolute coordinates) of a shape in word document.

Can I do that? Do you have an example?

Hi

Thanks for your request. MS Word document is flow document and does not contain any information about its layout into lines and pages. So there is no way to determine on which page and where on the page some particular node is located.

In Aspose.Words we use our own Rendering Engine, which layouts Word document into pages. Using this Rendering Engine it is possible to determine position of the particular node. But currently there is no public API to achieve this.

Could you please tell me why you need to determine position of your shapes? Maybe there is an easier way to achieve what you need.

Best regards.

Hi

I want to mark an area (for example with a shape) in a word template file. Then I prepare a document text(for example I delete a paragraph). And I want to know a position of marked area.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. You will be notified as soon as this feature is available.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2978) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(23)