Shape title is lost after saving document to DOCX using .NET

See attachments. Original docx has an alt text on the image. After it is saved by Aspose.Words 13.3 the alt text title is missing. The description remains though.

We require this for accessibility. If it doesn't already, we would also like this text to carry over when saving as pdf for the same reasons.

Thanks

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the Alt Text title property. Aspose.Words supports the DrawingML.AlternativeText which gets or sets the alternative text (description).

However, I have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-8122 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Oh ok thanks Tahir. Do you know if the Alternative Text Description goes over to the pdf format when saving?

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Can I put in a request for an addition to the PdfSaveOptions please. Can we have the equivalent Word pdf export option "Document structure tags for accessibility".

We are required to have accessible output and Pdf image alt text would be step #1.

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. However, we had already logged this feature request as WORDSNET-4780 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4780) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8122) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Has this issue been resolved? I just downloaded and installed the most recent version of Aspose.Words (15.12.0) and I am still experiencing this problem. Are these upgrades not cumulative? Should I download and install 15.2.0 (as indicated in this post) first? Please advise. Thanks!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. We removed the DrawingML from our APIs in Aspose.Words 15.2.0. So, the issue WORDSNET-8122 (Support of Alt Text Title property in DrawingML) was closed. Please read about public API changes in Aspose.Words 15.2.0 from following link.
Public API Changes in Aspose.Words 15.2.0

We logged separate feature request as WORDSNET-12918 to get/set Alt Text Title property of Shape. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks Tahir! I will watch for the notification.

Best regards,

Chris.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12918) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

(1)

@dpm

Starting from Aspose.Words 16.3, you can set and get the title of shape using Shape.Title property. Following code example shows how to set title of shape object.

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);

// Create test shape
Shape shape = new Shape(doc, ShapeType.Cube);
shape.Width = 431.5;
shape.Height = 346.35;
shape.Title = "Alt Text Title";

builder.InsertNode(shape);