Shapes and axis

Hello, I’m writing you because I’ve got strange result after conversion of one document.

1) Black circle was resized
Actually I suppose that it is result of font substitution. We use:
IFontSubstRuleCollection fontSubstRuleCollection = new FontSubstRuleCollection();
fontSubstRuleCollection.add(new FontSubstRule(new FontData(Font1),
new FontData(Font2),
FontSubstCondition.WhenInaccessible));

So question actually: Is it possible to add in further release some property for shapes like 'not resized"?
2) after font substitution the second shape was not resized and text is divided to two lines
I suppose that it is opposite side of question 1.

3) red arrow on graphic was moved
4) axis interval was changed

We use aspose-slides 15.2.0
Please compare attached files.

Some of issues below can be tracked in SLIDESJAVA-34384 (I don’t know title of this issue and not found it among resolved or forum threads, so could you please be so kind to link this thread with SLIDESJAVA-34384?)
<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:RU;mso-fareast-language:
RU;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>

Thank you in advance

<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>RU</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–>

Hi Akane,

I have observed your request for linking this thread with issue SLIDESJAVA-34384 and have linked the thread with specified thread.

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have not been able to observe the resizing in the shape even in the thumbnail shared by you. For your kind reference, I have attached the image info.png showing the same.

I have not been able to observe the second issue of text appearing in two lines when some font substitution rule is applied. I suggest you to please try using text frame autofit property in this regard to accommodate text inside the shape. Please try using the following sample code by accessing the shapes text frames and setting the autofit property. I hope this will be helpful. If this does not work then share the working sample code along with used fonts to reproduce the issue on my end.

txtFrame.getTextFrameFormat().setAutofitType((byte)TextAutofitType.Normal);

I have been able to observe the improper rendering of chart category axis labels. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34798 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue.

A separate issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34799 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the wrong render position for arrow inside plot area of chart.

This thread has been linked with the issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thank you for linked to SLIDESJAVA-34384

About resizing… As I see on your screenshot the shape was already resized on your PC in MS Office from original one (please see attached screenshot). As I have written, it is result of font substitution. I know that aspose-libs try to mimic MS Office behavior so I have not big hope to see some fix on this area. But as you understand I had to ask you about some possibilities.

Thank you very much for advise with ‘autofitting’. It could be useful for further issues on our side (but not fixed current resizing)

Looking forward to further information of
SLIDESJAVA

Hi Akane,

I have observed the snapshot shared by you and like to share that I opened the PowerPoint presentation shared by you on my end as it is without any modification. I guess this behavior of resized shape may be varying in different PowerPoint versions as on my end it shows the same size shapes for both presentation and your attached thumbnail of slide.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hello, sorry that I was not clear enough. I mean resizing of black shapes is result of font substitution. I applied font “Times” (not “Times New Roman”) and then performed conversion on other server where this font is missed. Obviously you don’t have the same font. It’s ok. Now I can control size of the shapes due to your advise about "Autofit"

Actually now I have another question.
When we call SlideUtil.getAllTextBoxes(slide); or SlideUtil.getAllTextFrames(pres, true); we never get Text boxes inside Charts (you can observe it with attached to first post document and black circles on charts). Is it bug or not?

Thank you in advance

Hi Akane,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the missing text frames issues on slide 1 when they are contained inside group shapes. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34803 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34803;SLIDESJAVA-34799;SLIDESJAVA-34798) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Thank you very much. Every thing works properly
Best Regards,
Akane

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34384) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(2)