Shared Workbook issue

Hi,

I have two questions:

1. Is there any way to reset password (remove protection) for protected shared workbook? I found property ‘Shared’, but I can’t find any way to change password for shared protection.

2. Property ‘Shared’ in Workbook options does not work properly.
.xls -> OK
But has strange behavior: I open workbook(with password to shared protect) that do not have password to open -> when I open it, I specify some wrong password -> get exception
When I specify wrong password for not shared workbook – all is fine.

.xlsx
After saving, shared protection disappears. Workbook.Settings.Shared does not work.

For better understanding what I am talking about - I’ve attached screenshot.

Thank you,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

I think it is a new feature (Protect Shared Workbook - Set/Change Password) that you requested. I have logged it with an id: CELLSNET-30434. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Thank you for quick response.

Could you please also check strange behavior of property ‘Shared’ in Workbook when I open xlsx file: xlsx file is shared, I open it with aspose - Shared property is false, then I save this file. When I open it in Excel - workbook is still shared but password no longer exists.

Apologize if I misunderstood you, and this described issue is already related to your previous post.

Thank you,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Thanks for providing more details.

We will also check / look into it.

Thank you.

Did Aspose fix this issue: Protect Shared Workbook - Set/Change Password?
Can I see sample how I can protect shared workbook?

Thank you

@rudolfkalik

Thanks for considering Aspose APIs.

We have logged your requirement as below. Once, we will have some news regarding this issue, we will update you asap.

• CELLSNET-45743 - Protect Shared Workbook - Set or Change Password

@rudolfkalik

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45743 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45743) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.11 update.

Please also check the following article: