SharePoint Index Issue with Custom Properties using Eval version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit

SharePoint Index of Custom Properties added to PDF with Eval version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am using the evaluation version of Aspose.pdf.kit. I was able to write code to save pdf with Custom Properties, but our SharePoint Search Crawler will not Index the file. Is this because the file was created with the evaluation version? I can add custom properties manually to PDF and am able to index them…

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

This issue should not be caused by the evaluation version; however, you can also try the 30 days temporary license to evaluate the component. If you could share the code snippet and the input PDF file with us, we’ll be able to investigate the issue at our end. Also, please share the file which you modified manually and is working at your end, so we would be able to compare it with the output generated using our component.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

I have attached 3 files input test(output) and good(manual) for your review

Thanks,
Bob

Here is code snippet
Dim Str_FileIn As String = "FYI-CALLS-2007-01_input.pdf"
'create instance of PdfFileInfo object
Dim fInfo As New Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileInfo("c:\RHE\" & Str_FileIn)

' Set Custom Properties
fInfo.SetMetaInfo("SearchManualTitle", "Circulars")
fInfo.SetMetaInfo("EnableNCCISearch", "Yes")
fInfo.SetMetaInfo("SearchState", "National or Countrywide")
fInfo.SetMetaInfo("SearchCircularDesc", "Financial Calls")
fInfo.SetMetaInfo("SearchCircularDept", "FYI Plus")
fInfo.SetMetaInfo("SearchCircularTitle", "Data Quality Approach for Financial Call Data")
fInfo.SetMetaInfo("FilingNo", "FYI-CALLS-2007-01")

'Save file to stamp dir
fInfo.SaveNewInfo("c:\RHE\stamp\" & Str_FileIn)

Hi Bob,

Thank you very much for sharing the sample PDF files along with the code snippet with us. We’ll further investigate this issue and update you with the results accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Bob,

We have looked into this issue at our end in detail and noticed that the meta information is not in plain text format when saved using current version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit. However, after testing with merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET, the values were stored in plain text format. Could you please download the merged Aspose.Pdf at your end and try to create the PDF files with that? Please note that the Aspose.Pdf for .NET versions 6.0.0 and above are the part of the merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET. You only need to import the namespace Aspose.Pdf.Facades in this case and other code will remain same.

I hope this helps. If you find any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Thank you for the information. We purchased Aspose.PDF for .NET, use Facades and have the same issue. Custom Properties are created but Search Index does not index the PDF. I have open the PDF and select "save as" to get the crawler to index the PDF Document.

As in provided sample code, I am using fInfo.SetMetaInfo to add custom properties and
blnSaved = fInfo.SaveNewInfo(StrFileOut) to save the file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob,

I have logged this issue as PDFNEWNET-30061 in our issue tracking system for further investigation. Our team will investigate it in detail and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Has this issue ever been resolved. I was using Aspose.PDF 4.6 (registered) and I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried to use the evaluation copy of Aspose.Pdf 7.4, but the results are the same. I cannot find anything that’s capable of reading custom metadata from an Aspose-created document regardless of whether it’s done with the PdfFileInfo.setMetaInfo method or done with the PdfDocument.setMetaData() method

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your patience.

Our development team is working hard
on resolving this issue but I am afraid this problem is not yet
completely fixed. Nevertheless, I have requested the development team to share
any possible ETA. As soon as I have some updates regarding its resolution, I
would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be
patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your patience. I am pleased to share that the issue reported earlier regarding setting of XMP metadata has been resolved (PdfFileInfo did not stored metadata into XMP). Furthermore, we have checked how Adobe stores Custom XMP metadata. (for example in customer file) It stores with http://ns.adobe.com/pdfx/1.3/namespace. Therefore in order to save metadata we need to use this namespace.

Example for DOM approach:

Document doc = new
Document(TestSettings.GetInputFile(“30061.pdf”));<o:p></o:p>
//register namespace
doc.Metadata.RegisterNamespaceUri("pdfx", "http://ns.adobe.com/pdfx/1.3/");
doc.Metadata.Add("pdfx:ABCD", "VBN");
//add data to info
doc.Info.Add("ABCD", "VBN");
doc.Save(TestSettings.GetOutputFile(“30061-2.pdf”));

PdfFileInfo automatcally adds this namespace. Example of storing metadata with PdfFileInfo (please note that SaveNewInfoWithXmp should be used to save the file, otherwise XMP metainfo for will not be stored)

PdfFileInfo pfi = new
PdfFileInfo(TestSettings.GetInputFile(“PdfWithText.pdf”));<o:p></o:p>
pfi.SetMetaInfo("ABCD", "EFGH");
pfi.SaveNewInfoWithXmp(TestSettings.GetOutputFile(“30061-1.pdf”));

The Hotfix will be included in upcoming release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.7.0 which is planned to release in current week.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-30061) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.7.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.