SheetToImage Quality Poor

Using SheetToImage on WorkSheet to create a BitMap that I can include in an email to end users, the issue is that the image created by Aspose is not the same as the image I can generate from Excel, i.e. I open up the same Sheet and Copy the selected area, and do a Paste Special in a new Email in Outlook, and compare the images, and the one generated from Aspose is somewhat distorted, i.e. the bold font is blurred and the width and height of the image is different to that of the image generated directly from excel

The quality of the Aspose image is to a point where it is difficult to read, please help

I have included the code that I am using to generate the image, reportSheet is the current Sheet that I am generating the image for

Any help would be appreciated.

string printarea = string.Format("{0}:{1}",

CellsHelper.CellIndexToName(0, 0),

CellsHelper.CellIndexToName(area.RowCount-1, area.ColCount-1));

reportSheet.PageSetup.LeftMargin = 0;

reportSheet.PageSetup.RightMargin = 0;

reportSheet.PageSetup.TopMargin = 0;

reportSheet.PageSetup.BottomMargin = 0;

reportSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = printarea;

reportSheet.PageSetup.Orientation = PageOrientationType.Portrait;

reportSheet.PageSetup.Zoom = 100;

reportSheet.PageSetup.PrintGridlines = false;

reportSheet.PageSetup.IsPercentScale = true;

reportSheet.PageSetup.PrintQuality = 600;

reportSheet.SheetToImage(imageFilename, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.MemoryBmp, false);

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Well, we are continuously enhancing the feature of Sheet2Image as per the feedback from the users and there requirements. Please try the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells and see if the generated image quality is better. If you still face any issue please share your template file and output image file and we will check it soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Also, to add further, we recommend you should try some vector image format like emf, png etc as the image quality should be better in these formats. Moreover, you may use ImageOrPrintOptions to set resolutions of the images as per your need.

Hi,

I´m getting the error: is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1) when I use the Version 4.8.0.11

Could you please send me the .net2 Version.

Thank you in advanced.
Volker Voigt

Hi,

Please try the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET (.NET 2) as per your requirement.

Thanks for the code drop, this did not improve the quality of the image at all, the fidelity of the image Aspose generates compared to the equivalent image in Excel is much different, I still have Bold text that looks fuzzy, and the Border lines come across as much thicker than in Excel.

Perhaps there are other parameters I should be setting to create the right level of fidelity ?

Thanks

Hi,

Please share your template file and generated image here to show the issues you are facing and complete code (with all options you are setting). We will check them soon.

Attached is a small .Net WPF Project that demonstrates the difference in fidelity between Cells generated image, and a simple cut and past from Excel.

You should be able to run this without issue, the image on the right hand side is generated from Excel, the image on the left hand side is generated by loading the Excel file and generating the appropriate bitmap and showing it.

Click on the Generate Image to start the process, and you will see the differences.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

BTW: this uses the version of Cells that you dropped in this email chain.

Regards

Hi,

We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test. We are enhancing the feature of Sheet2Image continuously and there are some issues in Sheet2Image feature when using Excel 2007 file format. We will look into it and get back to you soon. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id CELLSNET-11515.

So does that mean if i use the Excel 2003 format, that the quality of the image would be better ?

Just tried using Excel 2003 Worksheet, and the only change was the color on the heading, all else is the same, so the issue is not just limited to Excel 2007 files.

I have an updated project if you are interested,

Are there any work arounds for this at the moment ? and when would you expect this to be resolved ?

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We will analyze & update you soon regarding your issue.

Hi,

1: Image quality
I’m afraid the quality of the image can not be improved. We use drawing component of .Net Framework to implement the chart2image feature and can not find a solution to improve the quality. I think maybe there is not a way to do it well as MS Excel using .Net Framework. The attachment includes the methods that we tested for it. But we cannot get an excepted result.

2: The size of the image is great than that in excel
The size of generated image is same as Print View of MS Excel.

3: Color of the cell is not right
We will continue to look into it and get back to you soon.

Hi,

Please try the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells. We have fixed your mentioned issue regarding fill color.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11515) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Will try the code drop, does this mean that there is no planned fix for the actually quality of the final image ?

Hi,

We think the quality of image can not be improved at the moment. We have tried to draw string to image using several ways (changing resolution, improving the quality property, changing the properties of the Graphics object and so on).
But we can not get an expected result as MS Excel. Maybe using drawing components of .NET Framework is not drawing high quality string as MS Excel is doing. You may do a test to draw a string with calibri, bold, size 9f font using Graphics object of Net Framework. If you can get high quality image, please share your code and we will check it soon.