Show cell comment

Hi,
I am using Gridweb,I want to show cell comment when move mouse on the cell,but it does not show as in Excel, How can I do ?

@bibila.sevenk

We have added this feature in the most recent version of GridWeb. Please download and use the following fix for your needs.

It has added the following three methods relating to comments.

Adds GridCell.CreateComment method
Creates a comment object for a cell.

Adds GridCell.RemoveComment method
Removes the comment object of the cell.

Adds GridCell.GetComment method
Gets comment object on this cell.

Besides, the recent version can also show the existing comments inside the Excel file.

when you put mouse on the gridcell which has comment ,it does not pop up the comment.
please see my snapshot,in excel it will show the comment .1.zip (8.1 KB)

@bibila.sevenk

We are afraid, this feature is not available so we have logged it in our database for investigation and for an implementation. Once, the feature is available for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45607 - Show Cell Comment as Excel Tooltip

Hi ,
There is another issue, I tried GridDesktop ,I can see the comment shows when mouse on the cell that has comment like in excel ,but I cann’t edit on the cell value anymore.

@bibila.sevenk,

Well, you can edit the cell value but you got to do double click in the cell. By default when focus is set on the commented cell and comment window is displayed, it will also set the focus on the comment window as if need to edit the comment text (by clicking in the comment window/frame).

PS. if the comment window is not popped, you may directly edit the cell value.

Thank you.

Hi,
When use GridDesktop the cell comment can display,but it does not show well format ,the font after author shall not keep bold1.zip (1.2 KB)

@bibila.sevenk,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Yes, it is same as per MS Excel. In MS Excel, the cell comment text is normal (not bold) after author details.

hi @Amjad_Sahi ,
But in my snapshot from GridDesktop , we can see the cell comment text is bold after author details,so It is a bug of GridDesktop.

@bibila.sevenk,

Well, in MS Excel when you edit the comment or add text to the comment for a cell, it will be in normal text. You may format text of the comment (to set it to bold, etc.) in MS Excel though. I am afraid, formatting comment text is not supported for now.

@bibila.sevenk

Please download and use the latest fix. It should fix your issue. Let us know your feedback.

It fixes the following issue

• CELLSNET-45607 - Show Cell Comment as Excel Tooltip

@bibila.sevenk,

Well, it is the limitation in Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop at the moment. I have logged a new feature with an id “CELLSNET-45640” for your requirements. The ticket is logged as:

• CELLSNET-45640 - Show cell comment (rich text) exactly as in MS Excel

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45607) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.9.

@bibila.sevenk,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v17.12.7.

We have fixed your issue “CELLSNET-45641” now.

Let us know your feedback.

thanks,seems ok now

@bibila.sevenk,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45640) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao