Show comments pane

Hi,

i’m working in excel online, is there a way to set the comments Panel visible by default via API?
If i set a comment on a cell, i can see it next to the cell on excel client, but not in excel online, i need to show the comments panel on excel online, without asking the user to click the button on the ribbon.

Thanks

@LilliLalla,
Could you please share a template file as expected output and screenshots. We will analyze the information and provide assistance accordingly.

@LilliLalla,

If you use MS Excel, Comment.IsVisible will work for your needs, see the sample code for your reference:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

var comment = worksheet.Comments[worksheet.Comments.Add("A1")];
            comment.Note = "This is some sample text that would appear\n within the cell comment. This is\n the ending line of the comment. This is\n other line. This is test. This is\n test.";

comment.CommentShape.IsTextWrapped = true;
            comment.CommentShape.Placement = PlacementType.Move;
            comment.AutoSize = true;
            comment.IsVisible = true;

workbook.Save("e:\\test2\\out1.xlsx");

Hope, this helps a bit.

img1.png (3.3 KB)
this is what happens in excel client setting the comment.Note property and comment.IsVisible to TRUE, this is NOT what i need.

I need to show the comment panel on excel online like this:
img2.jpg (343.0 KB)

@LilliLalla,

Thanks for the screenshots.

Well, Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel (2007, 2010/2013, 2015, etc.) standards and specifications mostly. I think you are talking about Comment panel of Office 365, is not it? Kindly elaborate with details about your Excel, we will log a ticket if it can be supported.