Show threaded comments on mouse hover in output HTML - Excel to HTML conversion

Hello,
I have one requirement in which threaded comments are present in the Aspose excel but when I converted it to HTML Threaded comments could not be seen on mouse hover just like they were visible in excel file on mouse hover. Can you please suggest anything??

@shalinigupta1794,

When you save the Excel file (having threaded comments in the sheet) to HTML, do those threaded comments show on mouse hover in the browser? If not, then Aspose.Cells cannot support it. If comments are shown in the browser on mouse hover, kindly share your input Excel file (having threaded comments), we will check it soon.

PS. please zip the file prior attaching.

Hello team,

The excel file contains different cells on which when we mouse hover comments are visible but when they are converted to HTML I could not see anything when we do mouse hover.
So I applied the property IsExportedComments = true
Using this property we got a hyperlink in the cell which will redirect to the comments below the HTML file. but wanted to know if these functionality can be available in mouse hover that cell.

@shalinigupta1794,

If MS Excel supports this feature, we can check it. Please save the Excel file (having threaded comments in the sheet) as HTML (Web page) manually. Now open the HTML file into some browser. Do those threaded comments show on mouse hover in the browser? Moreover, kindly share your input Excel file (having threaded comments) and output HTML file by MS Excel.

PS. please zip the files prior attaching here.

@Amjad_Sahi No we can’t see comments in the browser… Its only visible in Excel file.

@shalinigupta1794,

I am afraid, in that case, we might not support the feature.

Thanks for the support :slight_smile:

@shalinigupta1794,

You are welcome.

@shalinigupta1794,

Please note, we supported to convert the threaded comments in HTML rendering now. This fix will be included in the next official release (Aspose.Cells v22.8), which will be released in the second week of August 2022.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-51473) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi