Showing pps/ppt on my site

Hello
I am interested in Aspose slides in order to let people to upload ppt/pps in my site (1 site 1 domain) and view those ppt/pps files on the web with all the effects and timings that were saved in the ppt/pps file.
I would like to know what kind of license it requires and I will be a happy to get a small vb asp net code that runs a ppt/pps file to check it on my server.
Thx

Hi Yosi,

I have tried to understand the requirement posted by you. Aspose.Slides allows you to open the presentation from stream object and at the same time allows you to save the presentation as streams. The streams can be imported and exported to and from web server. This answers the first part of your question. Since, Aspose.Slides for .NET is an automation tool and in fact does not provide the front end capabilities so displaying PPT/PPS files on web with all the effects is not possible. However, Aspose.Slides for .NET lets you to generate the slide thumbnails that you can upload on web to observe the changes. I will request our purchase team to provide information about the licensing information needed in this regard.

I have shared a sample project to save the presentation as streams in Asp .NET environment. Please also see this documentation link for information on how to generate slide thumbnails. Please share with us, if we may help you any further in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

Thx for your reply Mudassir.
I will try to explain myself better.
We supply a web application for managing content on LCD screens.
The admin user can place different content on the screen (content means general messages, flash video, images, RSS news).
We want to give the user an option to upload a pps/ppt file and that the web application will present it on part of the screen (slide by slide same as viewing pps file on local pc)
From what I read I found the one option is that the user will first convert the pps/ppt file to flash or pdf and then upload it but it’s not user friendly so I am looking for a better solution.
I hope it’s more clear now
Yosi

Hi Yosi,

In the scenario shared by you Aspose.Slides for .NET may help you in a better. When user uploads the PPT/PPS presentation on web server your application may access that and generates the slide thumbnails of each of slide in JPEG/BMP/PNG format. Then add the generated slide images on the web page. Hope it answers your query.

Thanks and Regards,

I understand.
Converting ppt file to collation of images can do the job for me but not 100%.
So If that’s the only option I will find I guess I will use it.
I still have 3 questions:
1. Can Aspose slides convert (in server run time) ppt file to other format that supports the effects (such as avi or flash)?
2. I am afraid that converting large ppt files will make the server work too hard. Are you familiar with this issue?
3. What kind of license would I need for that?
Thx

Hi Yosi,

I regret to share that the support for converting PPT to avi or flash is not available in Aspose.Slides for .NET. For your second question related to conversion of large files making servers work too hard, please elaborate further about this issue. For licensing related issue, I have requested our Sales team to share assist you in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

Thx for your reply
Imagine that you have 100 clients, each client is uploading 20 MB ppt file.
The server has to deal with phrasing of 100 files 20 MB each.
(the numbers are just an example of course).
My question is what are the limits in order to avoid situations such as 100% cpu.
Thx

Hi Yosi,

My name is Shelia and I am with the Aspose Sales Team. From your description it appears that you will need OEM licensing for your web applications.

The Developer OEM license will allow one developer to create applications that can be deployed to or accessed from unlimited physical locations.

The Site EOM license will allow up to 10 developers to create applications that can be deployed to or accessed from unlimited physical locations.

Please see the following for a more detailed description of our different license types: http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/policies/subscription-definitions.aspx.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Thank you for your interest in Aspose,

I only have 1 developer and 1 site.
Why can’t I use the Developer Small Business license ?

Hi Yosi,

I have requested the support of our development team for performance related issue shared by you. An issue with ID 30220 has been created in this regard. I will share the information with you as soon as the information is shared by our development team.

Thanks and Regards,

Thank you
I am still waiting for Shelia Holt response regarding the license.
Yosi

Hi Yosi,

With the Developer Small Business license the derived works can be deployed to one site (physical location) within your organization. You have said that you are supplying a web application that will be accessed by your clients.

This license does not support royalty free distribution, public facing web or SaaS project deployment scenarios, OEM licensing would be required.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Kind regards,