Sign document(PDF/WORD) with Timestamp server in ASPOSE Java

Hi,
I am going to use documents digital signature from ASPOS(Java), and I have some questions,

1. Dose ASPOSE(Java) support the signing of .excel files?
  2. Does ASPOSE(Java) support documents signature only by .pfx files?
  3. Does ASPOSE(Java) check the validity of the passed certificate, if yes how?
    Can I sign documents with Timestamp Server by Java?

@razmik.mkrtchyan

You can sign PDF documents using PFX file and validate the signatures as well using Aspose.PDF for Java. Aspose.PDF also offers to sign the PDF documents with Timestamp Server. You can translate the .NET code into Java which is given in some of the linked articles. In case you face any issue, please feel free to let us know.

Your this inquiry is more related to Aspose.Cells and we request you to please create a separate post in Aspose.Cells forum where you will be assisted accordingly.

@asad.ali
Thank you for your response.

And one more question

In Aspose(pdf) is there the possibility to configure custom CA server, for certificates generation and authorization?

Does ASPOSE check the validity of the passed certificate only by the Timestamp server?

@razmik.mkrtchyan

We need to further investigate about these features. Hence, we logged following investigation tickets in our issue tracking system:

• PDFJAVA-39564
  • PDFJAVA-39565

We will further investigate the tickets and keep you posted with the status of their resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

1 Like

@asad.ali
Thanks!