Sign work only with .pfx file

First of all, thank you for your wonderful products J I’m evolutions some of than and they are really very fine.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I need to create a big software system which create and sign contracts in PDF file with official digital sing. I make test and find that you Aspose.PDF.Kit work well, but only with certificate with .pfx format. My supply of digital sign give me plastic card with PIN code, not .pfx file. And they refuse to give me my certificate as file in .pfx format L

So – question is: first – do my test is correct that you work only with .pfx file ? Look follow code:

Certificate cert=new Certificate(@"D:\AAdInserter\test.pfx","1"); // this work OK

// Certificate cert = new Certificate(@"D:\AAdInserter\v.p7b", "");

Second code produce error

I can get my certificate in format .p7b, X509 and Base64. With this certificate when I use it have system software like drivers installed with Card Reader which ask for PIN code and after enter it sertificate is OK. Probably you know how is this mode of use working?

So question is: do you have plan to support this mode for sign?

If have sance, I use you latest version 3.5

Hello,

Thank you for considering aspose products.

The signature feature of Aspose.Pdf.Kit supports only .pfx certificate file now. Other types of certificate file will be supported in the future, but we need about two or three months to support other certificate files. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

any updates about supporting other certificate files in Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

I have an .p7b file that I would like to use to sign my pdf. Is this functionality included in the product now?

If not, when do you plan to include support for this in your product?

Br

Erik

I also still interesting it this future! Please note that this is primary working mode for all Europe , e.g 27 countries and population of about 500 millions.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You probably do not know, but file sign in this way is 100 % valid according to law as same contract, sign in paper.

So if you provide this future you will be first component provider that have it and I’m sure you will have MANY more sales in Europe!

If you interesting, I can send you a one of my old devices to make test. It is 100 % functional, simple certificate written in plastic card are expired, however this result only in that the file written with it is not valid in law, but all other technical questions are 100 % the same!

If you interesting, here you my data: office@dv-play.com or skype: dvplayltd

My name is Damian Minchev .

Hi Damian,

We’re discussing your requirement at our end and you’ll be updated with the results the earliest possible.

Regards,

Hi Team,

We are facing same issue. Earlier client is using .pfx certificate file but now they are using .p7b certificate file to sign the pdf output.

I am using Dot Net application with Aspose.pdf 11.2.0.0 version.

As this enhancement pending from long back (year 2009).

Hope Aspose.pdf latest version supports .p7b certificate to sign pdf output in dot net.

Please confirm?

Regards,
Navnath

Hi Navnath,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf does not support p7b certificate for digital signature. We he have logged a feature request PDFNEWNET-40715 in our issue tracking system. We will notify you as soon as it is implemented.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Thanks for quick response. We need to deliver this feature to client. Earlier they are using .pfx certificate to sign the pdf. But now they have shifted to .p7b certificate.

When we can expect this feature to be included in Aspose.pdf future release?

Regards,
Navnath

Hi Navnath,

I am afraid currently we cannot confirm the ETA but your concerns have been recorded with product team and as soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Hi Team,

This is very critical for us now. As client is unable to sign the invoices with .p7b certificate.

It would be really appreciate if you include this feature asap may be in next 15 days.

Hope you will understand our client business.

Regards,
Navnath

Hi Navanth,

Thanks for your inquriy. I am afraid the feature request is recently logged and it is still pending for investigation. However we have recorded your concern with our product team and will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

@Navnath

Thanks for your patience.

Our product team has further investigated the feasibility of requested feature about .p7b certificate support for digital signature and as per their feedback, the .p7b file can contain only certificates and chain certificates, but not the private key which used for signing. So I am afraid that the requested requested feature cannot be offered.

In case of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.