Signature image is lost after opening document in Word for MAC generated by Aspose.Words for Java

Hi,
I am going to use documents digital signature from ASPOS, and I have some questions,

1. Did I get right that ASPOSE supports digital signature(visible and invisible) only for 3 types
    (DOC,DOCX,PDF)?
  2. I cloned aspose-words-examples from Github, and after signOptions.setSignatureLineImage
    the image doesn’t appear on the final signed document, why ?

@razmik.mkrtchyan

Yes, you can create digitally signed PDF and sign Word documents. We suggest you please read the following article for more detail.
Working with Digital Signatures

If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your input, problematic output and image here for testing. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

@tahir.manzoor Thank you for your response.

Attached you can find the required documents. sign-docx.zip (282.2 KB)

@razmik.mkrtchyan

The signature image is visible in the shared output document. Please check the attached screenshot. signature.png (13.8 KB)

Could you please share some more detail if you are facing some other issue? Please also share the code example that you are using. We will investigate this issue further and provide you more information on it.

@tahir.manzoor

In attached you can find, example.creatingAndSigninNewSignatureLine.txt.zip (1.3 KB)

After opening with Microsoft Word the document signature looks like sign-from-output.png (25.6 KB)

Can the Word version be the reason. My word’s verion : Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 02.15.49.png (6.3 KB)

@razmik.mkrtchyan

In your code, you are using ‘MrSmithSignature.pfx’. Please ZIP and attach it here for testing. We will investigate the issue and log it for fix. Thanks for your cooperation.

MrSmithSignature.pfx.zip (4.7 KB)

Thank you for your support!

@razmik.mkrtchyan

We have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 20.6 and have not found any issue with signature. Please check the attached output document and image for detail. output.zip (140.9 KB)
signature.png (25.1 KB)

Please open the attached document in Word for MAC and share the screenshot. Please also share if you face the same warning message as show in attached screenshot.

@tahir.manzoor

I have opened your shared document and the same situation. I am using Aspose.Words for Java 20.6 version. See attached:

@razmik.mkrtchyan

Unfortunately, we have not found any attachment with your post. Please share the screenshot of output document by opening it in MS Word for MAC.

@tahir.manzoor

oh,Sorry screenshot.png (594.4 KB)

@razmik.mkrtchyan

It seems that this issue is related to Office version. However, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-20731 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

1 Like

@tahir.manzoor

Thank you very much! I appreciate your effort!

@razmik.mkrtchyan

It is to inform you that the issue which you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue (WORDSNET-20731) as ‘Not a Bug’.

This feature is not supported by Word for MAC. We cannot add a digital signature with the signature line by using the GUI of Word for MAC.

Created and signed with using of MS Word for Windows document shows the image and sign author correctly:
Windows.png (21.5 KB)

The same document opened in Word for Mac misses the sign image and the sign author:
Mac.png (39.7 KB)