Signature visibility

I have tried two different signature methods and neither place a signature on a PDF document when the Visible parameter is set to false. Am I missunderstanding the intent of this option?

To my knowledge, you can have a digital signature on a document but do not need to have a visible stamp.

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi Fred,

You’re right; you can have a digital signature on a PDF document without making it visible. Please try to use the new signing mechanism with the latest version. If you still find any issues, please share the sample input PDF file, certificate file and the code snippet with us, so we could test it at our end.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.

Regards,

I downloaded the 4.7.0 version and am using the .net3.5. Testing produces the same result -- no signature at all if visible set to false. I have attached the following files:

code_snippet.rtf - block of code to create the signature

testcert.txt - certificate used to create the signatures(password=test123) Renamed from (.pfx) since your system does not allow attachments of type (.pfx)

visible_set_to_true_in.pdf - input pdf for visible signature

visible_set_to_true_out.pdf - results pdf that contains a signature

visible_set_to_false_in.pdf - input pdf for non-visible signature

visible_set_to_false_in.pdf - results pdf that contains no signature.

Hi Fred,

I’m unable to download the testcert.txt file successfully. Please zip this file and then attach with the reply post.

Regards,

Hi Fred,

I have tested this issue at my end and noticed that the signature is being added whether you set the visibility to true or false. You can verify the signature using the following code snippet:

pdfSign = new PdfFileSignature(“output.pdf”);

Console.WriteLine("Signature Added? = " + pdfSign.IsContainSignature());

Console.WriteLine("Verify Signature by # = " + pdfSign.VerifySignature(“Signature1”));

Console.ReadLine();

Please note that if you add signatures without assigning a name, Aspose.Pdf.Kit automatically assign a name like Signature# i.e. Signature1, Signature2 etc. So, in this case it is Signature1.

Please try the above code snippet at your end. If you find any further questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,

I am sorry, Shahzad, but this response from you is not acceptable. A digitally signed PDF document without a visible signature still presents the the fact that it is digitally signed via a signature panel within Adobe Acrobat Reader. How else would anyone know that it has been digitally signed? By opening and running your code snippet? That is simply incorrect. As I stated in private emails to you, I retrograded and installed version 4.3.0 of your PDF and Kit and it is working correctly. A signed document without making the stamp visible contains the signature panel and allows the reader to validate the signature. A document signed with your current version does not. I am asking that you escalate this issue to addess this bug in your software since it prevents me from running the most current version OR upgrading. I am including two documents for comparison – one signed with version 4.3.0 and the other with 4.7.0

Hi Fred,

I have got your point and logged this issue as PDFKITNET-19481 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will further investigate this issue in detail and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19481) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan